Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just over 2000 mile on my 2020 Talon R. Has anyone else found loose bolts, or actually lost bolts on their machines?

So the first service is supposed to include removing the spark arrester. I didn't see any tool marks on mine after the service, so I decided to take it off to inspect. One bolt was very tight and it eventually broke. Now I know why they didn't take it off, they knew they would break that tight bolt. Why do it? On my 800RZR I found the spark arrester clogged with paint chips from the exhaust pipes. On the 1000RZR, the fiberglass (glass packed exhaust), would clog the spark arrester as it broke down. That is how I fixed a buddies machine that was crapping out at higher speeds.

So at a later unrelated service my shop, not a Honda shop, noticed I was missing a bolt on the spark arrester. I thought they meant the one I broke. Nope, another one came loose and fell off on the trail. I also lost a bolt off my Trail Armor A-Arm guard.

Anyone else notice things? Should I look at some other spots?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi - nothing loose that I found on mine. I do blue loctite anything that does not have a locknut.

I go over what I can reach every other ride.

I did take the spark arrestor cap off and anti-seize the bolts before I put a single mile on mine?.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - nothing loose that I found on mine. I do blue loctite anything that does not have a locknut.

I go over what I can reach every other ride.

I did take the spark arrestor cap off and anti-seize the bolts before I put a single mile on mine?.
Good advice.???

·
Registered
85 Posts
I will - give me a few weeks.
Im building an aluminum roof with a spoiler and that should be done that this week.
The vents on the bottom of the window should get a little positive pressure in.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will - give me a few weeks.
Im building an aluminum roof with a spoiler and that should be done that this week.
The vents on the bottom of the window should get a little positive pressure in.
Here is my review on the aegis air spoiler. How did your roof mod work?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I found one of the body Allen bolts that secures the left front quarter near the headlight was working loose after a few days banging around Moab. No big deal, just cinched it back down. I went around the rest of the body and checked all the rest and didn’t find any others loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts