Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 1000x 4 Live Valve
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought these switch plates, to add whip lights that I said I would never add. Forgot to consult wife prior to making that statement.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to get behind this section of the dash. Any clues would be appreciated.

I can't get the picture to load, but it is at that location

·
Registered
402 Posts
FROM THE FRONT?????? Holy crap, I didn't think this through...
Sweet jumpin heysuese Wow, is there anything easy on this thing?
Doe anybody really "thinks it through" when they buy a toy :)

You can pull the rubber flap for access but it takes less then 5 minutes to remove that cowl and make access 10 time easier.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Doe anybody really "thinks it through" when they buy a toy :)

You can pull the rubber flap for access but it takes less then 5 minutes to remove that cowl and make access 10 time easier.
I got my 4 seater last Labor day after a 8 month wait. Rode for 3 month's to try to figure out any accessory I thought I might want to add. Ordered everything so that I only had to tear the machine down one time. Needless to say, I've had the cowling off at least 5 times since to add other accessories we couldn't live without. Trust me, you get very good at taking your windshield and cowling off like PaulF said. The worst part of getting the left switch plate is getting to the nuts that hold the plate in. Not impossible, but tricky with large hands. Whoever said these machines were bankruptcy kits were not lying. The Fed EX and UPS guys know my address quite well.

·
Registered
2021 1000x 4 Live Valve
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sooo, the windshield has to come off too???? Shite. I just wanted a simple little "dress it up a bit to keep the boss happy".
I may go back to riding Harleys

·
Registered
19 Posts
Depending on the type of windshield. I have a split Super ATV windshield and I just loosen up the clamps on the botton section and slide it up a bit. If you have mirrors, you may have to loosen or remove them as well.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sooo, the windshield has to come off too???? Shite. I just wanted a simple little "dress it up a bit to keep the boss happy".
I may go back to riding Harleys
I have a full glass windshield with lower vents and the cowl comes right off without touching the windshield. I just open the vents and it reveals the bolts and slips right out.

Did you try pulling the little rubber flap? That will give you enough room to run some wires and hook them up.

·
Registered
2021 1000x 4 Live Valve
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a full glass windshield with lower vents and the cowl comes right off without touching the windshield. I just open the vents and it reveals the bolts and slips right out.

Did you try pulling the little rubber flap? That will give you enough room to run some wires and hook them up.
Hi Paul,
I saw that. I may just change course and wire them into my tail lights. Less wire, and they will be on when I start the machine.
I hate it when I have time to think...🤪 It is hard being a bit OCD, yet impatient at the same time.
Thanks to all for the help. I'm gonna go lock myself in the garage and stare at the talon now....🤬

1 - 14 of 14 Posts