Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 35" inseam and I ride with a prosthetic left leg. I really want a Talon. Has anyone cut out the dead pedal or otherwise modified one for more leg room?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have raised my Drivers seat 2" and back a little. That helped with leg room & also raised line of sight when looking thru Superatv Flip Windshield. I used 1.5" x 2" x 1/8" Aluminum Tubing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have raised my Drivers seat 2" and back a little. That helped with leg room & also raised line of sight when looking thru Superatv Flip Windshield. I used 1.5" x 2" x 1/8" Aluminum Tubing
Thanks. That helps. I need to go take a closer look. I wanted one until I sat in it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
36" inseam here too. I raised my driver seat 1.25 inches and moved it back 1.25 inches and it made a big difference. Modifying the dead pedal would entail pushing it out into the wheel well. I think it would work on an R to an extent but probably limit the tire size due to clearance issue when turning left. Probably not work on an X, the tire is already a few inches further back and moving the dead pedal would decrease that clearance (inch for inch because the top of the dead pedal is flush with this inside of the wheel well)...

R Clearance. The short arrows show what would happen if you pushed the dead pedal out...

And the X is a little closer to begin with so not much to play with...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My main issue is the prosthetic is bent at a 90* angle and the silicone liner and the sleeve that rolls up my leg and over the knee almost to my crotch to hold the leg on also put pressure on my kneecap. The kneecap eventually becomes a "hot spot" and I have to take it off. In my car I have room to extend my leg to the right of the dead pedal and straighten it out a bit to relieve some of the pressure. If I could move the brake pedal to the right a bit and allow me to stretch my leg out and not use the dead pedal, it would work better. The only ones that give me room to not use the dead pedal that I have found are a couple of current Can Ams and I would rather buy the Honda.
Thank you for your thoughts and illustration. Could you post pics of how you modded the seat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome. Thank you so much. There is hope. I am currently in an Ranger XP1000 and want more sport.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts