Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All....!

Brand new member here and looking for some thoughts before a purchase.

I want to buy a new Talon 4 seater for use in the desert terrain of Arizona and also in the woods up in WA. I am older and plan to be fairly conservative in my riding style, so I'm really questioning the need to drop an extra $2k on the FoxLive system. I don't anticipate a huge need for suspension changes, and would never use the "blast off" mode or whatever its called.

Seems like a lot of money that could be used towards aftermarket parts or even a trailer. One of my biggest concern is possible resale down the road if my family just doesn't enjoy the off roading experience. Will it affect the resale price point, or won't it matter?

Bottom line.....is the extra $2k really worth it?

Many Thanks from Buckeye, AZ

·
Registered
120 Posts
I haven’t driven the non-Live Valve 4 seater, but I own an X version of the 2 seater and from one old guy to another, I can tell you the suspension is uncomfortably stiff, even in slow rocky trail riding. If the 4 seat non-Live Valve is anything like the 2 seat version do yourself a favor and spend the extra money for the Live Valve!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All....!

Brand new member here and looking for some thoughts before a purchase.

I want to buy a new Talon 4 seater for use in the desert terrain of Arizona and also in the woods up in WA. I am older and plan to be fairly conservative in my riding style, so I'm really questioning the need to drop an extra $2k on the FoxLive system. I don't anticipate a huge need for suspension changes, and would never use the "blast off" mode or whatever its called.

Seems like a lot of money that could be used towards aftermarket parts or even a trailer. One of my biggest concern is possible resale down the road if my family just doesn't enjoy the off roading experience. Will it affect the resale price point, or won't it matter?

Bottom line.....is the extra $2k really worth it?

Many Thanks from Buckeye, AZ
You won't go wrong either way, I love my live valve 2 seater. When comparing it to the non live valve 2 seater that my buddy has to mine, mine is a little more plush going through the whoops in Southeastern WA (Juniper Dunes) but we are both hitting them really hard and fast. I haven't driven mine in AZ yet but have been on a bunch of the trails out of Salome when I go to visit my parents in the winter and put a lot of miles on their RZR XP. After being on the trails down their a good option (if riding conservative) would be to go with the non live valve and get 32" tires, it will help your clearance (especially the 4 seater) and soften up the ride too. But like I said you won't go wrong either way!

·
Registered
2020 Honda 1000R Talon
18 Posts
Live valve is just more electronic crap to go bad. I would pass. I have a 2020 1000 R and stock suspension is just fine. PS I’m old to at 68. Want a plush ride buy a jeep with coil springs

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Wow, always those that resist new technology! Computers and chips are here to stay, I bet the car you drive is packed with them and they get better gas mileage and more performance than the old school ones! Oh well no worries, but better if you had actual experience with any difficulties than a broad stroke I hate technology approach. The Talon you drive is packed full of ECMs ...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I’m on day 4 in Moab with my Talon X that has the full Shock Therapy spring/shock treatment! The improvement over stock from the Shock Therapy system is dramatic! I have no doubt that had I brought this machine to Moab in stock form I’d have been getting rid of it when I got home! The rough rocky trails of Moab would have been more than I could take with the crazy stiff factory setup.

·
Registered
2020 Honda 1000R Talon
18 Posts
Wow, always those that resist new technology! Computers and chips are here to stay, I bet the car you drive is packed with them and they get better gas mileage and more performance than the old school ones! Oh well no worries, but better if you had actual experience with any difficulties than a broad stroke I hate technology approach. The Talon you drive is packed full of ECMs ...
Wow I needed the lecture from you. Buy what you want you asked for opinions. Won’t give you mine next time.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Hi Glenn, what experience do you have with the live valve? "Live valve is just more electronic crap to go bad." I bet a Nickle I am older than you but who cares not germane here. In any case,if you have had problems with one... :):p:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts