Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First my Honda talon X 4 seater was found with the tie downs completely off the car and hanging from my rack in my stacker trailer when I got to my spot! Believe me when I say I locked them down hard! Second the live shock system is a piece of junk! Beat me so bad I don't want the car! What a waste of $35k! I watched the front move a couple of inches and the back nothing!
Yes I played with the Damm switch! Don't think I won't be raising hell on the phone tomorrow! Wrecked my week trip! I can barely walk! Honda you really screwed THIS one up! Any one want to trade for a canam?
Update people. Reset the live shock system. All better. Had a long talk with Honda and a few friends that know what's up! NOW back at the ranch that 35k included a jackson turbo, 5 year warranty and a few goodies. Next is the 72" suspension upgrade, air scoop for the intercooler, helmets and air filter system, audio 5k Watts should work, radio, new 925 odessy battery, front glove box, wheels and tires, hitch, and yes I'm still going to tie my car down with the chassis because it's the best way. Little trick to doing that.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Talon X
59 Posts
Couple things... First, you're completely right the suspension is horrible. Do some googling, or check out the thread I posted a while back.

However, if you payed 35k USD for a live valve X model... You got screwed SO bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need wheel tie-downs on a LV.
No but thanks, I have shock issues. When you shut off the key the shocks lock. Their program is to release the orifices with the key on and then tighten down the car. I guess! I'm calling everyone about THIS. My car could of ended up hanging off my rack in my trailer and beating it's self on my roof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No but thanks, I have shock issues. When you shut off the key the shocks lock. Their program is to release the orifices with the key on and then tighten down the car. I guess! I'm calling everyone about THIS. My car could of ended up hanging off my rack in my trailer and beating it's self on my roof.
Your tying it down wrong if you are tying the chassis down and compressing the suspension. Tie it down as close to the tires as possible. Unless honda is telling you to on the live valve.

·
Registered
30 Posts
yes indeed - Honda engineers have zero clue on SXS suspensions in these machines- an ok engine and drive train surrounded by a shitty riding suspension platform -

But you know - its ALL about the aftermarket $$$$$. so......spend another pocket full of $$$ on correcting the suspension and dressing it up.

Just M O.......

·
Registered
113 Posts
Gotta tie it down correctly! Watch the recent youtube video by the owner of Shock Therapy on how to tie a side by side down correctly. It's best to tie the tires down, not the suspension.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don’t even honestly know what to say about the tie down situation. As an ATV and SXS owner for 30+ I have never had a “situation”. Now saying that I only know a little about the LV as I own a 2019 X model that I have hauled using a single strap several several several times on pot hole roads and non paved roads and haven’t had an issue.

On another note.... For those of you wanting to go to the “other” side, I wish you luck because your voice will be hoarse from all the yelling you’ll be doing. 😯🙄😬

·
Registered
2020 1000 X 4 Live Valve
4 Posts
First my Honda talon X 4 seater was found with the tie downs completely off the car and hanging from my rack in my stacker trailer when I got to my spot! Believe me when I say I locked them down hard! Second the live shock system is a piece of junk! Beat me so bad I don't want the car! What a waste of $35k! I watched the front move a couple of inches and the back nothing!
Yes I played with the Damm switch! Don't think I won't be raising hell on the phone tomorrow! Wrecked my week trip! I can barely walk! Honda you really screwed THIS one up! Any one want to trade for a canam?
Honestly I have had my LV almost a year, I love my machine too bad you guys don’t like it.
I have used it all over the place snow, dirt, sand and rock, I absolutely love my machine!!
I put 32 bead locks on it and at about 10psi and it’s amazing!
If you don’t like it sell it!
And I agree with the other posts if you paid 35k for this machine you bought the wrong one, you should have got a can-am for that.
That’s where I feel people are getting this wrong, if you compare apples to apples with same stock I believe the talon out performs the RZR bar none!
But if you have 35k to spend then you definitely bought the wrong machine.
Happy Trails!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Honestly I have had my LV almost a year, I love my machine too bad you guys don’t like it.
I have used it all over the place snow, dirt, sand and rock, I absolutely love my machine!!
I put 32 bead locks on it and at about 10psi and it’s amazing!
If you don’t like it sell it!
And I agree with the other posts if you paid 35k for this machine you bought the wrong one, you should have got a can-am for that.
That’s where I feel people are getting this wrong, if you compare apples to apples with same stock I believe the talon out performs the RZR bar none!
But if you have 35k to spend then you definitely bought the wrong machine.
Happy Trails!
I couldn’t agree more. I don’t have the lv x4 just the standard. I absolutely love this machine!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude let some air out of your tires, when I got mine they were 24lbs and the ride was unbearable!
then get some Shock Therapy!
I run 12#'s. The issue was resetting the live shock system. The rears were locked. Car go's in tomorrow for the 72" suspension upgrade.
Thank you I appreciate and agree Glad I had my jacuzzi with me when I drove it 180 miles with no rear shocks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I run 12#'s. The issue was resetting the live shock system. The rears were locked. Car go's in tomorrow for the 72" suspension upgrade.
Thank you I appreciate and agree Glad I had my jacuzzi with me when I drove it 180 miles with no rear shocks. View attachment 1834
Wait....wait one second..... Is that a hot tub in the back of your trailer? If so I want to meet up and ride with you every weekend! I am totally jealous of a hot tub in the trailer 😍! I love sitting in a hot tub at the end of any day! That's awesome!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thank you I appreciate and agree Glad I had my jacuzzi with me when I drove it 180 miles with no rear shocks. View attachment 1834
Explain "The issue was resetting the live shock system" please. I have a 2 seater X and the rears are super stiff...and when I put it into demo mode, I can move the front, but still not the rear. Is there some way to "reset" them? I have been on the new springs path...but...some people say theirs is fine, it certinaly isn't fine so maybe I have the same issue you did.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The OP needs tire bonnet tie downs. By sucking down the suspension, it’s not only bad for the shocks, but the chance of them coming loose is very high, especially with the long travel suspensions now days! I know he swears he is doing the right thing, so it may have to be an expensive lesson before he catches on. I use to do the same with my old quads with ratchet straps and they would still come off when hitting big bumps. Once using the tire bonnets, I have never had another problem

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a live valve, I us the tie down rule of thumb. Regardless of what 4 wheel car, truck, or buggy I haul, I always tie a vehicle down below the shocks. Regardless of your shock system you have, let them work while on the trailer. If you tie at or below the lower shock mount, you are always good. The way the Honda Talon manual shows to tie down the vehicle, IMO, is wrong. Especially on a live Valve.
Lock the Hillbilly brake, attach straps below suspension, cross left to right, front and back. You don't have to crank the crap out of the straps, just snug. The vehicle will not move side to side or front to back. This way, the only way the straps can come loose, is if you blow a tire on the vehicle while on the trailer, not likely.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have axle straps, made for nice hot rods and chrome. Also gives you more options for places to tie down

1 - 19 of 19 Posts