Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi y’all.
First post, just bought my first 2020 Talon R last week...dumped the ol turbo Rzr for some Honda reliability!
Anyways a light bar is always a good first mod, so i searched for a way to mount it and i never found anything i liked. I wasn’t a fan of the roof mount, and I also didn’t want below the roof line which would affect my future windshield..

so i mounted on the roof line. Real simple.
I used this light bar (Nilight 42" 240W Spot Flood Combo... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY1W7AO?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share)
I drilled holes through the plastic roof into the cage. From here I tapped the cage to a 2-1/2” bolt i had laying around. Cut 3/4” crush sleeve for between the roof and cage And voila!

not real hard just was not a fan of any thing else i saw. Figured this may help someone with the same problem i had. Cheers!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi y’all.
First post, just bought my first 2020 Talon R last week...dumped the ol turbo Rzr for some Honda reliability!
Anyways a light bar is always a good first mod, so i searched for a way to mount it and i never found anything i liked. I wasn’t a fan of the roof mount, and I also didn’t want below the roof line which would affect my future windshield..

so i mounted on the roof line. Real simple.
I used this light bar (Nilight 42" 240W Spot Flood Combo... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY1W7AO?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share)
I drilled holes through the plastic roof into the cage. From here I tapped the cage to a 2-1/2” bolt i had laying around. Cut 3/4” crush sleeve for between the roof and cage And voila!

not real hard just was not a fan of any thing else i saw. Figured this may help someone with the same problem i had. Cheers!
View attachment 1190 View attachment 1191 View attachment 1192 View attachment 1193

Its shame it did not line up with one of those holes. I bought the same bar (my order seems to be lost) not sure I like drilling the roll cage though, already seems like it is lacking a little in strength.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Its shame it did not line up with one of those holes. I bought the same bar (my order seems to be lost) not sure I like drilling the roll cage though, already seems like it is lacking a little in strength.
The roll bars seem to buckle and there are several pictures on the forum of that. I agree no holes in the weak roll bars (if possible)..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts