Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to get a lift kit on my 2021 1000X4. I have looked online and found one by SuperATV and one by PERFEX industries. One looks to be a spacer that you have to disassemble the shocks to place, and other appears to be mounting brackets for the shocks. Does anyone have any experience with these kits? Which one is better? Why one vs other? Also will it void my warrenty/service plan if I add one of these to my bone stock machine?
Thanks in advance
Richard in AZ

·
Super Moderator
322 Posts
I am wanting to get a lift kit on my 2021 1000X4. I have looked online and found one by SuperATV and one by PERFEX industries. One looks to be a spacer that you have to disassemble the shocks to place, and other appears to be mounting brackets for the shocks. Does anyone have any experience with these kits? Which one is better? Why one vs other? Also will it void my warrenty/service plan if I add one of these to my bone stock machine?
Thanks in advance
Richard in AZ
Both will get you about the same results with little difference. A puck lift in the shocks may make it ride a little stiffer depending on how you have your shocks set up, but most people never notice any different with modern shocks. Puck lifts also maintain your stock shock and suspension geometry. A bracket lift won't effect how the fully compressed measurement of the shock, but it does make them stand straight up and changes the suspension geometry. In the end, its a give and take with little difference between the 2. If you go with ours, I can get you a forum member discount for being active here. Just hit me up if you ever need anything.

What is your riding style? Where do you ride? What size tires are you running...or want to run? That may help with your decision.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am mostly running trails and some crawling. I want to run 31-10.5 tires. Seems like I am constantly bottoming out on every little bump. So looking for easy/inexpensive way to get me up and over these bumps

·
Registered
11 Posts
FWIW, I also bottomed out a couple times in my 1000x-4 on the stock tires. I went with new Tusk Aramid Terrabite 30x10x15 tires on the stock rims and have not bottomed out since. .

·
Super Moderator
322 Posts
I am mostly running trails and some crawling. I want to run 31-10.5 tires. Seems like I am constantly bottoming out on every little bump. So looking for easy/inexpensive way to get me up and over these bumps
Your BEST option would be our forward offset A-arms and bigger tires. You can go much bigger than 31"s. But...your easiest and most inexpensive would be a small lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts