Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM getting ready to add an LED light bar to the front of my car. I'm not sure if want to mount it on the roof or the roll cage.
What light bar do you have? What size? and where and how is it mounted?
Pics would be awesome along with any pros and cons.
TIA

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Because of all of the limbs that stick out into the trail, I have the light bar just under the roof, and also have fiberglass roof with a couple of square lights, cube lights on bumper, and rear light. I will get a picture in a bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because of all of the limbs that stick out into the trail, I have the light bar just under the roof, and also have fiberglass roof with a couple of square lights, cube lights on bumper, and rear light. I will get a picture in a bit.
Im really leaning towards a below the roof mount/roll bar mount. But I don't know, is that a 40", 42"...I'm not real sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used this 42" one HERE. Had to weld up custom mounting brackets but some have used RZR light bar mounts and just bent them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i have mine mounted lower so don't reflect off windshield and work better in dust. depending upon where you ride, dust may not be an issue, but last fall was on a trip with large group and guys with lights up high had a lot of issues with the reflection and the dust. Mine are more at risk to running car into back of another car or a tree and getting damaged. I did build a metal frame which helps protect them. I also went yellow cause again works better in dust. I had the cheap china ones and even though they were supposed to have about same Lumens, were not nearly as bright as the Baja design ones.
IMG_0383.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed a 42" Rigidhorse light bar. Used some universal roll bar mounts from Amazon. The light, mounts, wiring harness with switch was $135 all together delivered to my door.

·
Registered
90 Posts
As already mentioned, if you ride in dust, or fog or falling snow the high mounted lights will reflect back and make it very hard to see. Plus limbs can do damage on tight trails with low hanging branches. I am going to mount two cube lights on the stock front bumper, and aim them off to each side to light up the sides of the road or trail but with enough still lighting up in front to help see straight ahead. I don't run hard at night, too many things can ruin your ride!

·
Registered
10 Posts
er, post: 8456, member: 2204"]
IM getting ready to add an LED light bar to the front of my car. I'm not sure if want to mount it on the roof or the roll cage.
What light bar do you have? What size? and where and how is it mounted?
Pics would be awesome along with any pros and cons.
TIA
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1 Posts
20210217_190305.jpg

X-Ray Night Vision. China Quad Pods work great as spot lights.
The 2 6 inch bars in the nose are worthless.
Quad Row Light Bar is much brighter than the single row above it.
The chase light bar on the rear is by far the best light I've added.

·
Registered
18 Posts
custom light brackets, customized cage, fresh powder coat, instrument pod relocation, sorry for dirt, it's winter. thanks to tim, utv outlaws will have a you tube video , on what we did to the cage. also added another bracket for the second set of wips, ( don't currently have them). thought was to make the cage survivable, in the event of a rollover, intrusion bar will accept the stock honda half window, or the super atv full windshield, stock roof, etc.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've posted this elsewhere but here it is again. I love them and have not had the issues in snow or dust as others have mentioned with it reflecting back and blinding me. Of course if riding at night in an heavy snowfall it could be a problem, just like using high beams would be.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts