Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a KWT X2 pre-production 3D printed pre-filter I have been testing. This is 682 miles on a new filter. Pretty impressed. My next report will be at 1000 miles at which point I hope to switch to a production model. Check it out:

·
Registered
15 Posts
HavasuDave: I have had one on order since 3/14. Do you know if they are still on track with delivery in the 4-6 week timeframe they quoted when I made my payment? I am really anxious to get it!
Thanks!
RutNut

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HavasuDave: I have had one on order since 3/14. Do you know if they are still on track with delivery in the 4-6 week timeframe they quoted when I made my payment? I am really anxious to get it!
Thanks!
RutNut
Hey Rut, I just talked to Ken at KWT he is waiting for a delivery of materials, he thinks production to begin real soon. I asked him to let me know when they start. He's really excited has a bunch of preorders.

Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Rut, I just talked to Ken at KWT he is waiting for a delivery of materials, he thinks production to begin real soon. I asked him to let me know when they start. He's really excited has a bunch of preorders.

Dave
Thanks Dave!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Received it late last week, but didn't get it installed because on Thursday we purchased a Desert Fox Toy Hauler that will fit the Talon. We spent the weekend getting that ready to go camping next weekend. Hope to get the filter installed this week before we go.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get mine back from the dealer this week, recall for park pin and warranty replace leaking shock on the rear. Going to pull the filter to see how it looks. I have over 1500 miles on it. I'll post review.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
93 Posts
I have a KWT X2 pre-production 3D printed pre-filter I have been testing. This is 682 miles on a new filter. Pretty impressed. My next report will be at 1000 miles at which point I hope to switch to a production model. Check it out:

As I mentioned to you before, I’ve also been testing one for Ken on my 1000X 4 Live Valve. I just got back from a couple weeks’ trip into the music Mountains. I have reported my very favorable results once to Ken, after 500 miles, and am about to pull the filter again after this very silty and dusty trip and give him another report.

I spoke with him last week and he said he was getting units ready to ship out to a very long order list, and that he would get one to me in a week or so to replace the same 3D printed unit like you have. My first report to him was a complete ditto of this one you just posted. They work very well and I am anxious to get the final production unit from him. He said he made some changes from the units you and I have.

FYI, and on a different note, I had Shock Therapy take my car and rework the suspension to get rid of the overly harsh ride on rocky terrain and fire roads littered with studder bumps and rocks. After two re-valving efforts and a set of springs, the first time making a major difference and the second a slight valving change to the first, it is now really great. The rear of the car works, as it should, with the front and does not bounce the car around like a pogo stick, and the front is awesome. It is the difference of riding on 4 struts vs. having shocks that work as they should. It’s a little pricy, but then final results are well worth the cost. Honda and Fox need to do the same thing internally and spring-wise, so it is this way out of the Honda factory. I say shame on them for not doing so !!

·
Registered
18 Posts

Thanks Dave. Complete expanded answers to newbie questions like you provide are very helpful for a new guy wanting to learn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts