Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was our big test weekend. I have driven every side by side on the market. We've been on many runs with many makes and models. I have a lot of experience with multiple machines. Now keep in Mind this last week in glamis my big test for the Talon, as it is where I ride the most. And know exactly how all the other SXS handled it.

Its first trip to the dunes was 8 days of riding, I was very surprised at how great it did in the sand with no paddles. I was able to go anywhere the paddle cars went (as everyone in my group had paddles but me), I went everywhere the big sand buggies went, Quads and 2 wheelers. This thing was able to do everything I threw at it and I never felt underpowered, never felt too heavy, at no point did I feel like I was going to roll it (don't get me wrong I got close a few times just seeing how hard I could push it)

I did not make the decision on buying the talent lately.
I've spent the last two years renting every other one on the market.

I keep going back to the same spots with different SXS’s, so I could compare apples to apples.
After trying all the belt drive SXS’s I ran the Yamaha and I loved it, it was night and day better than the Polaris and Can-am. Then a buddy of mine had a Talon and I have to say I loved it just as much. To the point I would not even consider the Polaris or Cam-am.. So then it came down to Yamaha and Honda… Well I went with the Honda. So far I spent a week in the woods in Co. and then 8 days in Glamis.

I can not tell you how happy I am with it, and can't wait to take it on more runs.

Michael Dickerson
Desert Sand Erg Natural environment Aeolian landform

·
Registered
17 Posts
This was our big test weekend. I have driven every side by side on the market. We've been on many runs with many makes and models. I have a lot of experience with multiple machines. Now keep in Mind this last week in glamis my big test for the Talon, as it is where I ride the most. And know exactly how all the other SXS handled it.

Its first trip to the dunes was 8 days of riding, I was very surprised at how great it did in the sand with no paddles. I was able to go anywhere the paddle cars went (as everyone in my group had paddles but me), I went everywhere the big sand buggies went, Quads and 2 wheelers. This thing was able to do everything I threw at it and I never felt underpowered, never felt too heavy, at no point did I feel like I was going to roll it (don't get me wrong I got close a few times just seeing how hard I could push it)

I did not make the decision on buying the talent lately.
I've spent the last two years renting every other one on the market.

I keep going back to the same spots with different SXS’s, so I could compare apples to apples.
After trying all the belt drive SXS’s I ran the Yamaha and I loved it, it was night and day better than the Polaris and Can-am. Then a buddy of mine had a Talon and I have to say I loved it just as much. To the point I would not even consider the Polaris or Cam-am.. So then it came down to Yamaha and Honda… Well I went with the Honda. So far I spent a week in the woods in Co. and then 8 days in Glamis.

I can not tell you how happy I am with it, and can't wait to take it on more runs.

Michael Dickerson View attachment 1707 View attachment 1707
The way almost everyone else talks. You need the turbo to get anywhere in the dunes. Really nice to hear different. Glad you enjoy the talon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The way almost everyone else talks. You need the turbo to get anywhere in the dunes. Really nice to hear different. Glad you enjoy the talon.
there was not one big dune I could not make, my next trip with being with V8 cars, and I will be the only SXS, now I know I cant go as fast as they can, as they have 950HP to 1500HP sand cars. but as long as I can keep up I will be very happy

here's a video

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The only reason I have a picture of the lights switch is.
When I hooked up the 70 watts LED Creed round lights in the front I had them hooked up to my high beam switch so regular lights are on regular but when I hit high beams not only does the talon high beams come on, but then my 70 Watt Creed LEDs light it up like Christmas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts