Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a Ignition On/Hot wire under the hood, tied to the frame on the drivers side. I used it for an aftermarket two way radio that I only wanted on when the key was forward. I bought the OEM wiring harness kit but I ended up not needing it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
There is a Ignition On/Hot wire under the hood, tied to the frame on the drivers side. I used it for an aftermarket two way radio that I only wanted on when the key was forward. I bought the OEM wiring harness kit but I ended up not needing it.
That connection is shared with the power plug on the dash and is limited to 10 amps total. If you have anything drawing more than a few amps, that connection should be used to trigger a relay and not power the accessory directly.

If you need more amperage, use the pre-installed winch wires that are taped off under the cowl to the left of the steering column as a power feed for your relay(s). The positive is not attached to the battery from the factory and must be before it is usable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a relay (PAM-2) sold at TC Lifesafety. It has a 12 volt coil and 7amp contacts. It is encapsulated and will work under water. Has flying leads and is about a 1" cube. I've used them in many 12 volt applications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts