Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at putting a wireless camera on the back of the machine. I want it to switch on/off with the key, rather than hook it to the backup light, like a backup camera. This way it will be on whenever I'm running.
I have a keyed on/off bus terminal under the hood, but trying to find a keyed on/off wire on the rear of the machine so I don't have to take the console apart to run a wire to the back. Trying to take the easy way out馃榿. Anyone know if there is a power wire in the back that is turned on with the key?

Registered
I'll take a look there. Not sure if the console has to come off to get a wire to the back from there, but it would still be a little easier than from under the hood. Thanks!
There is A panel between the seats that comes out TO access the fuse box. And you will be able to get A wire out of that area with out removing the console.

Registered
I was heading down the wireless road until I figured all the extra wiring

for what its worth, I used a wired camera and routed the wire from monitor to camera along to roll bar/roof, took :10 minutes.

monitor bracket mounted to roof, already have keyed power up front, camera is basically full time rear view mirror

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was heading down the wireless road until I figured all the extra wiring

for what its worth, I used a wired camera and routed the wire from monitor to camera along to roll bar/roof, took :10 minutes.

monitor bracket mounted to roof, already have keyed power up front, camera is basically full time rear view mirror
Thanks, that's good input. I'll take a look at the wire route going down the roll bar. I do want it to work like you have it... a full time rear view camera. I don't ride at night much, but if I do and the monitor is too bright, you can always switch the monitor off. Appreciate your help!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Me too PSU...camera trumps rear view mirror on a Talon in my book. I also added a front camera so I know where my front tires are headed during crawls and tight fits.
I agree, a rear view mirror doesn't cut it. That's why I want to put a camera in. Makes it easier/safer backing out/in of the garage, turning around on a tight trail, etc. I may end up taking my mirror out, not sure yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts