Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Talon to Lake Murry State Park for a week, as expected it was a mud pit. I hate mud, but we where there so what else do you do. First 15 minutes we sunk it. We where on a trail and came up on a mud puddle and just went for it ( i don't recommend doing this, way smarter to walk across the puddle first) we started sinking as soon as we hit it, lost forward momentum, but we where headed down in a hurry. Before we knew it we where up to our chest in mud and water, we where laughing until i realized my new $38k toy was sinking, I just kept her running forward and back, my son opened the door and stood on the rock sliders and started rocking it and we backed right out. Thank god, since it was now a muddy mess we road the crap out of it for a few hours. Had a blast, there was nowhere this thing wouldn't go. We climbed some stuff in the mud i though there was know way it would make it. What a machine, i have a lot of respect for this thing. But best of all, rough terrain with mud, water, whoops and jumps we where flying through all of it in 4wd and it handled like a dream. I love the live valve, smoothest ride ever.
I spent $25 in quarters and 2 hrs washing it and it was not even close to clean, that's why I hate mud.
But we did it again the next day, but found away around the mud water swamp.
So now that we are back home, it is time to disassemble this thing and get all the sand out of it.
Did I ever mention that i hate mud......

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Took the Talon to Lake Murry State Park for a week, as expected it was a mud pit. I hate mud, but we where there so what else do you do. First 15 minutes we sunk it. We where on a trail and came up on a mud puddle and just went for it ( i don't recommend doing this, way smarter to walk across the puddle first) we started sinking as soon as we hit it, lost forward momentum, but we where headed down in a hurry. Before we knew it we where up to our chest in mud and water, we where laughing until i realized my new $38k toy was sinking, I just kept her running forward and back, my son opened the door and stood on the rock sliders and started rocking it and we backed right out. Thank god, since it was now a muddy mess we road the crap out of it for a few hours. Had a blast, there was nowhere this thing wouldn't go. We climbed some stuff in the mud i though there was know way it would make it. What a machine, i have a lot of respect for this thing. But best of all, rough terrain with mud, water, whoops and jumps we where flying through all of it in 4wd and it handled like a dream. I love the live valve, smoothest ride ever.
I spent $25 in quarters and 2 hrs washing it and it was not even close to clean, that's why I hate mud.
So now that we are back home, it is time to disassemble this thing and get all the sand out of it.
Did I ever mention that i hate mud...... View attachment 2552 View attachment 2553 View attachment 2554 View attachment 2555 View attachment 2556
That’s terrible! I refuse to go mud digging. You never get it clean after that. A little bit of a muddy road after a rain, but never like what you did.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s terrible! I refuse to go mud digging. You never get it clean after that. A little bit of a muddy road after a rain, but never like what you did.
I feel the same way, it's clean but it takes forever. After all, that's what there made for in some peoples mind. Not mine, i like rocks, not mud.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did I ever mention that i hate mud...... View attachment 2552 View attachment 2553 View attachment 2554 View attachment 2555 View attachment 2556
I steer away from it too, the wife though, she loves to send it. Thankfully she hasn't gotten it too deep into the mud, yet. I find that a heavy duty pressure washing and then a foam Canon do pretty well for clean up.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well she is back, scrubbed behind the ears. Took some doing to get all the dirt out if it. Definitely not worth the little fun we had in the mud. But wondering if any of you have used this stuff, it is the bomb, keeps mud from sticking and make your ride look like new. If you haven't tried it, you need to. Its called SC1 from Maxima. Great product.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well she is back, scrubbed behind the ears. Took some doing to get all the dirt out if it. Definitely not worth the little fun we had in the mud. But wondering if any of you have used this stuff, it is the bomb, keeps mud from sticking and make your ride look like new. If you haven't tried it, you need to. Its called SC1 from Maxima. Great product. View attachment 2570
Funny enough I bought some of that last week, I don't know where you got it but it's ridiculously expensive for a small can. If I remember right it has some silicone based oils similar to back to Black (cleaning product). Does a really good job and actually smells good too. I agree though getting it that muddy is not worth the hours of cleaning. She looks good though, great job.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is expensive, best deal is on Amazon in bulk. Bought 12 cans for 8 bucks a can. It takes a whole can to do the Talon, but worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts