Honda Talon Forum banner

Is it possible to find a 4-seat Talon currently?

6K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  liz36609 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a 4 seat Talon and I'm hearing that I probably won't be able to buy one for a long time. I'm in Arizona. If anyone knows of a way to get one, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I purchased mine in May, 2021. I probably called over 100 stores and got lucky and found one that was to be delivered within 3 weeks. I just got done calling around today for a buddy of mine, out of 10 stores found one that has a 4-seat Talon black and green, coming in 3-4 weeks. I'm on the East Coast so I'm assuming your mileage may vary. I got lucky and found my live valve by being persistent. Reach out long and wide and call around! Best of luck

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I purchased mine in May, 2021. I probably called over 100 stores and got lucky and found one that was to be delivered within 3 weeks. I just got done calling around today for a buddy of mine, out of 10 stores found one that has a 4-seat Talon black and green, coming in 3-4 weeks. I'm on the East Coast so I'm assuming your mileage may vary. I got lucky and found my live valve by being persistent. Reach out long and wide and call around! Best of luck

I’m in NC and looking for one, whose getting it? Haha

#4 ·
Let me check with my buddy to make sure he's not buying it first. I just shot him a text, if he doesn't want it (he's considering a can am too) I'll give OP the first shot. I'm guessing it's too far for him, so you're next in line :). Updates to follow.

#10 ·
I went in there. Let's just say, if they do have one, they told me they won't sell it unless it was a "custom build" ($$$$$ in accessories). And I was outright lied to either by the owner or the salesman when I went in and after I left a Google review of my experience there. They had a brand new red/white Fox Live Valve in the showroom that the salesman first told me was sold, then backtracked and said I could buy it if I was interested in a "custom build". The owner replied on my Google review and said that it was sold and that a customer had been waiting six-months for it. So one of them was lying. I wouldn't buy one from them now at a 20% discount.

Every other dealer has told me they have a stack of deposits and no end in sight on filling them.

Nash said they aren't taking any more deposits, GO AZ told me they would take a deposit but probably wouldn't get one until after the new year. I contacted every Honda dealer I know of in AZ.

#12 ·
I ordered in April, but it took until the end of August to show up in my hands. Even then I think I was in the right place at the right time, because I happened to be checking up on delivery when the SE became available (with no customer assigned yet) - so I jumped on it.
I knew I would probably be adding those options at some point, so it was a good fit for me. I also added a Jackson turbo which also added a few dollars after installation was done - so it was a little more motivation for the dealer as well.
Unfortunately this China Flu crap has done a lot of damage to many supply chains and is affecting building the Talons as well as deliveries. I think I was lucky getting one - it could have been even longer....

#15 ·
Honda won't tell our local dealer what he might be able to order, or when he can place an order, especially no info on when it might actually show up! They told him that when they had enough parts together to assemble some units for the west coast they would tell him how many he can order, when he can place the order, no firm info on how many he may actually get, and still no info on a delivery date. This whole China flu mess has gone beyond crazy into the absurd!

#18 ·
I've been looking for a 4 seat Talon and I'm hearing that I probably won't be able to buy one for a long time. I'm in Arizona. If anyone knows of a way to get one, let me know.

my wife and i just bought our 4 seater saturday 10/2/21 at ridenow in peoria,az.
a little less than pleased with some of the service on parts, but the vehicle purchase went well. i bought my indian from them years ago and thats why i went back there for the talon.

#22 ·
Is yours the dark gray with green "Talon" on it? I live right by there and I might have bought that exact one but I continued looking for a Live Valve. I think I'm going to be happy with the used one I'm working a deal on but it would have been a lot easier at a dealer.

If you don't mind PMing me what your OTD price was I would appreciate it.

#24 ·
New member here. After calling dozens of dealers, I finally found one and “bought” an X-4 back in August that was already ordered by dealer and scheduled for Sept delivery. It’s a dealer back where I used to live a few hours away, but one I trusted (as much as you can trust them) as I had bought several snowmobiles and ATVs from previously. It still has not come in, but winter is setting in here so would only have used it now for snow plowing eventually. But will use Honda ATV for that now.

I expect, like all of you, it will arrive eventually - of course after “Slow Joe” fixes the supply chain - said with tongue firmly planted in cheek. Sold my sleds, 2 ATVs and aluminum snowmobile trailer in preparation for traveling w wife in fifth wheel toy hauler to national forests for exploring. Snowmobile trailer would have been perfect but for the height of the X-4.
Patience is not one of my virtues.

#26 ·
Thompson Honda in Huntsville TN, may be listed as La Follette Honda on the web has some coming in. 423-663-2222. He is a long time friend of mine the only one i trust in this business. He called me and said he bought a few that had been rolled over, he got from insurance company, he repaired them and i bought a 1000R 2 seater with 300 miles on it still under warranty much cheaper than window sticker. His boys were riding one of these two seaters and a customer wanted it and he sold it but he had 4 4 seaters, he sold two of them fixing one for personnel use but i think he still has one 4 seater left, he gets them all the time, had an orange one that would knock your eyes out but it only lasted two days after repairs were completed, most of them just need new roll bars. HE will show you want was wrong with each unit and what was done to repair it. Honda is shipping him new ones that have parts missing he will have to finish building the new ones. I think they offered him this since honda was financing all the roll over ones at full window sticker value but selling for much less. This man does not mark them up, i have bought from him for over 20 years. I drive by three other dealers and an extra hour to trade with him. Honesty goes a long way with me, he has that for sure.

#30 ·
I live in AZ as well and called every dealer in AZ and UT finally found one in Las Vegas that I went and got. They had 3 and I took 1 none were live valve just 1000X4. That was a month ago but everyone I talked to said they "MIGHT" be able to get me one in February or March. I had same experience with Anthem guys. 😡

#31 ·
I live in AZ as well and called every dealer in AZ and UT finally found one in Las Vegas that I went and got. They had 3 and I took 1 none were live valve just 1000X4. That was a month ago but everyone I talked to said they "MIGHT" be able to get me one in February or March. I had same experience with Anthem guys. [emoji35]
It worked out for the better for me. I got a '20 Live Valve with 32's and a few accessories for way less than I would have got even a non-Live Valve out of a dealer. Wasn't a smoking deal but I got one and made it to the dunes for Halloween.

#33 ·
Sweet - now you can start accessorizing !!!
Ive had my 21 1000X-4 for only 4 months (got it in late August) and I have already added lights, a particle separator, Dual lighted whips, paddle tires, and a radio... lol. But I like to tinker, so it's not really like work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.