Honda Talon Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
BTW for everyone looking ready to buy, I found scratches on mine that I got them to promise to take care and was told EVERY talon they have gotten in has had “cosmetic crate damage” from shipping. So look them over carefully when buying.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
BTW for everyone looking ready to buy, I found scratches on mine that I got them to promise to take care and was told EVERY talon they have gotten in has had “cosmetic crate damage” from shipping. So look them over carefully when buying.
Is yours the dark gray with green "Talon" on it? I live right by there and I might have bought that exact one but I continued looking for a Live Valve. I think I'm going to be happy with the used one I'm working a deal on but it would have been a lot easier at a dealer.

If you don't mind PMing me what your OTD price was I would appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
New member here. After calling dozens of dealers, I finally found one and “bought” an X-4 back in August that was already ordered by dealer and scheduled for Sept delivery. It’s a dealer back where I used to live a few hours away, but one I trusted (as much as you can trust them) as I had bought several snowmobiles and ATVs from previously. It still has not come in, but winter is setting in here so would only have used it now for snow plowing eventually. But will use Honda ATV for that now.

I expect, like all of you, it will arrive eventually - of course after “Slow Joe” fixes the supply chain - said with tongue firmly planted in cheek. Sold my sleds, 2 ATVs and aluminum snowmobile trailer in preparation for traveling w wife in fifth wheel toy hauler to national forests for exploring. Snowmobile trailer would have been perfect but for the height of the X-4.
Patience is not one of my virtues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thompson Honda in Huntsville TN, may be listed as La Follette Honda on the web has some coming in. 423-663-2222. He is a long time friend of mine the only one i trust in this business. He called me and said he bought a few that had been rolled over, he got from insurance company, he repaired them and i bought a 1000R 2 seater with 300 miles on it still under warranty much cheaper than window sticker. His boys were riding one of these two seaters and a customer wanted it and he sold it but he had 4 4 seaters, he sold two of them fixing one for personnel use but i think he still has one 4 seater left, he gets them all the time, had an orange one that would knock your eyes out but it only lasted two days after repairs were completed, most of them just need new roll bars. HE will show you want was wrong with each unit and what was done to repair it. Honda is shipping him new ones that have parts missing he will have to finish building the new ones. I think they offered him this since honda was financing all the roll over ones at full window sticker value but selling for much less. This man does not mark them up, i have bought from him for over 20 years. I drive by three other dealers and an extra hour to trade with him. Honesty goes a long way with me, he has that for sure.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts