Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a 4 seat Talon and I'm hearing that I probably won't be able to buy one for a long time. I'm in Arizona. If anyone knows of a way to get one, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been looking for a 4 seat Talon and I'm hearing that I probably won't be able to buy one for a long time. I'm in Arizona. If anyone knows of a way to get one, let me know.

I purchased mine in May, 2021. I probably called over 100 stores and got lucky and found one that was to be delivered within 3 weeks. I just got done calling around today for a buddy of mine, out of 10 stores found one that has a 4-seat Talon black and green, coming in 3-4 weeks. I'm on the East Coast so I'm assuming your mileage may vary. I got lucky and found my live valve by being persistent. Reach out long and wide and call around! Best of luck

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased mine in May, 2021. I probably called over 100 stores and got lucky and found one that was to be delivered within 3 weeks. I just got done calling around today for a buddy of mine, out of 10 stores found one that has a 4-seat Talon black and green, coming in 3-4 weeks. I'm on the East Coast so I'm assuming your mileage may vary. I got lucky and found my live valve by being persistent. Reach out long and wide and call around! Best of luck

I’m in NC and looking for one, whose getting it? Haha

·
Registered
81 Posts
I’m in NC and looking for one, whose getting it? Haha
Let me check with my buddy to make sure he's not buying it first. I just shot him a text, if he doesn't want it (he's considering a can am too) I'll give OP the first shot. I'm guessing it's too far for him, so you're next in line :). Updates to follow.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My buddy is sticking with the can am, so I sent the OP a private message with the info. If he bails it moves on to the next guy who's a bit closer.

·
Registered
Honda Talon 1000X-4
5 Posts

I’m in Queen Creek and Moto City in Anthem has several Talons; 2 are Fox live valve 4-seaters. See John the owner.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m in Queen Creek and Moto City in Anthem has several Talons; 2 are Fox live valve 4-seaters. See John the owner.
I went in there. Let's just say, if they do have one, they told me they won't sell it unless it was a "custom build" ($$$$$ in accessories). And I was outright lied to either by the owner or the salesman when I went in and after I left a Google review of my experience there. They had a brand new red/white Fox Live Valve in the showroom that the salesman first told me was sold, then backtracked and said I could buy it if I was interested in a "custom build". The owner replied on my Google review and said that it was sold and that a customer had been waiting six-months for it. So one of them was lying. I wouldn't buy one from them now at a 20% discount.

Every other dealer has told me they have a stack of deposits and no end in sight on filling them.

Nash said they aren't taking any more deposits, GO AZ told me they would take a deposit but probably wouldn't get one until after the new year. I contacted every Honda dealer I know of in AZ.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's good to know...thanks
I ordered in April, but it took until the end of August to show up in my hands. Even then I think I was in the right place at the right time, because I happened to be checking up on delivery when the SE became available (with no customer assigned yet) - so I jumped on it.
I knew I would probably be adding those options at some point, so it was a good fit for me. I also added a Jackson turbo which also added a few dollars after installation was done - so it was a little more motivation for the dealer as well.
Unfortunately this China Flu crap has done a lot of damage to many supply chains and is affecting building the Talons as well as deliveries. I think I was lucky getting one - it could have been even longer....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Honda won't tell our local dealer what he might be able to order, or when he can place an order, especially no info on when it might actually show up! They told him that when they had enough parts together to assemble some units for the west coast they would tell him how many he can order, when he can place the order, no firm info on how many he may actually get, and still no info on a delivery date. This whole China flu mess has gone beyond crazy into the absurd!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Honda won't tell our local dealer what he might be able to order, or when he can place an order, especially no info on when it might actually show up! They told him that when they had enough parts together to assemble some units for the west coast they would tell him how many he can order, when he can place the order, no firm info on how many he may actually get, and still no info on a delivery date. This whole China flu mess has gone beyond crazy into the absurd!
That sounds exactly like what my dealer told me - it ended up taking 4 months before it showed up...

·
Registered
6 Posts

my wife and i just bought our 4 seater saturday 10/2/21 at ridenow in peoria,az.
a little less than pleased with some of the service on parts, but the vehicle purchase went well. i bought my indian from them years ago and thats why i went back there for the talon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my wife and i just bought our 4 seater saturday 10/2/21 at ridenow in peoria,az.
a little less than pleased with some of the service on parts, but the vehicle purchase went well. i bought my indian from them years ago and thats why i went back there for the talon.
I had talked to a salesman there last week and they said they had one coming in 1000x-4, non Live Valve. Did you have a deposit with them or did you just buy it on the spot?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ca
I had talked to a salesman there last week and they said they had one coming in 1000x-4, non Live Valve. Did you have a deposit with them or did you just buy it on the spot?

lled them on Monday and started the process. Had it wrapped up Wednesday but couldn’t make it til sat since I live 3 hours away. Was told there were 2 others trying to buy, but I was the only one that got financing at the time, then was told by a salesman when I bought it, he had someone on it. I’ve been trying places here in kingman in Vegas and Phoenix for a year to get one. I was ready to wait for the 2022s til I lucked into this one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts