Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just got a little over 100 miles on my 2020 Honda talon 1000 X. I was going to do the first service. It says you are supposed to inspect valve clearance. The dealer made it sound like they absolutely have to pull the valve cover and inspect with feeler gauge. In the owner’s Manual under note 1 it says to inspect valve clearance as needed, if engine is noisy. My engine is not noisy sounds like the day I bought it. The only video that shows how to do it the guy ended up not having to adjust any of the valves. Did anyone else pull the cover and manually inspect valve clearance? Has anybody found the valve Clarence was off? I was just wondering if I would need to go through all the work of inspecting them if they’re not noisy. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I watched two videos and both went thru all of that and neither needed adjusting.
my Mechanic friend thought that adjusting your valves at 100 miles was crazy!
we listened to mine and decided to wait, I have over 800 miles and it sounds fine, but will tear apart and check soon, probably at 1000.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just bought a Talon yesterday. The salesperson and the mechanic that checked it out told me they do not recommend doing anything until the valves get noisy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts