Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1000X4 Live Valve, on order
45 Posts
I have a 14 foot trailer and X4LV. The trailer has rails that rise 1.5' ish. With the rails preventing me from moving too far forward, due to the bumper, I have 11" free on the front and 11" free on the back (to the ramp).

If you have a low rail trailer you could probably do that by driving the front tires up to the low rail and have the front of the SXS hang over the trailer tongue.

· Registered
183 Posts
Overall length of a Talon X4 is 12.7 feet, so I round mine up to 13ft. That is not the wheelbase. My trailer is for a 13 ft UTV, it has the low front angled bumper pipe in the front and with the tail gate up and the Talon X4 all the way forward I have 4 inches clearance between the rear of the machine and the tail gate.

· Registered
7 Posts
Is 12 foot enough deck to trailer a Talon 4x with a ramp gate? I really need a trailer I can store in my garage. I don't really have anywhere else to store a trailer.
It’s 13’ bumper to bumper. I have it on a 12’ trailer and canted the ramp back when it’s closed and made short extensions with tubing. Fits in the garage and clearance to the stock bumpers is about 4”.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Ktmjerry,
I was thinking the same thing. I got my hands on one yesterday and measured wheel patch contact and determined it will work. I have a Ram 2500 to put my bikes , coolers, and fuel in.

Talon is not scheduled to show up until end of month

· Registered
27 Posts
Is 12 foot enough deck to trailer a Talon 4x with a ramp gate? I really need a trailer I can store in my garage. I don't really have anywhere else to store a trailer.
12 Won’t work 14‘ tandem
I have a 14 foot trailer and X4LV. The trailer has rails that rise 1.5' ish. With the rails preventing me from moving too far forward, due to the bumper, I have 11" free on the front and 11" free on the back (to the ramp).

If you have a low rail trailer you could probably do that by driving the front tires up to the low rail and have the front of the SXS hang over the trailer tongue.
Won’t work. You need at least a 14ft tandem

· Registered
1000X4 Live Valve, on order
45 Posts
12 Won’t work 14‘ tandem

Won’t work. You need at least a 14ft tandem
Proof that it does work...OP stated his need for size limitation. Personally, I think a 14-16 tandem is best also.

· Registered
24 Posts
Ideally, I was looking for a 14' steel but with supplies so short I ended up with a 12' Aluma which actually fits perfect and it is nice how light the ramps are, which store just below the deck. IF I ever pull the trigger on tracks for the winter this trailer won't work though.

I must say though, that I do like it small, as I've got plenty of room in my truck bed for the cargo/misc. items vs. carrying on the trailer.

s

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.