Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My wife and I just purchased our first side by side and decided on the Honda Talon. We got the four seater fox live edition and so far really enjoy it. It's great for the family and packs a real punch. There is one thing though, I've noticed when driving it hard and we hit a bump (more like a tiny hill) of 2-3 feet tall the front end will perform fine but the rear end will throw itself high in the air. I've tried to stay off the throttle going into these scenarios, and staying on the throttle. Can't figure out why it's doing this, and recently found myself wondering if it's normal for the four seater??? Do the two seat versions do this? I'm honestly hoping it's just me doing something wrong. Anyway, we live in El Paso and do a lot of riding in the desert here. We run it pretty hard when the kids aren't riding with us and this SXS really delivers. At high speed it's a breeze. My wife is interested in racing now after we watched out first desert race locally. Wish I could have a two seat and a four seat now.

We added quite a bit to the talon so far. Fuelpax for just in case. Rear bed enclosure, rear windshield, front windshield, lower doors and fire extinguisher. We have LED whips to install but I'm waiting on the harness to show up. I have yet to decide which LED lights to get for running around at night. Oh yeah, and the S&B particle separator, which I'm also waiting on the harness for.

I want to get new tires and wheels. I originally wanted to do 14 inch wheels but after taking a look at the stock 15 inch wheels I don't know. I like the thought of the extra tire wall being available though. I want the same tires the Honda racing team runs on their talon, but unsure if I want to 32's. I'll be glad to have a few of you help us decide though! I've been scouring the forum for what others have done as well. I'm also wanting the same offset wheels so I can easily run a spare. I've already decided on the dragonfire 1.5 inch spacers in the rear since many of you are running spacers and finding it to be good, and as one of the members here pointed out the Honda racing team ran spacers too. That made me super comfortable about it.

Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to chatting with you all!

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
184 Posts
Place as much weight as far back as possible! Between my spare tire and tools, etc., I think I have close to 200lbs in my back end and it doesn't buck at all, but I have a 2 seater. The 4 seaters I ride with, don't seem to be particularly prone to bucking, because of their longer length. Also, see what it changes with the shocks set on "sport" mode.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Most 14" wheels will work but you can run into some clearance problems between the rim and upper control arm. More so on the R than the X, here is a little more info.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most 14" wheels will work but you can run into some clearance problems between the rim and upper control arm. More so on the R than the X, here is a little more info.

Thanks PaulF. I'll probably stick the 15 inch wheels to be safe and not add something to the checklist for myself. I'll still read the link you attached, more info is good info.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Place as much weight as far back as possible! Between my spare tire and tools, etc., I think I have close to 200lbs in my back end and it doesn't buck at all, but I have a 2 seater. The 4 seaters I ride with, don't seem to be particularly prone to bucking, because of their longer length. Also, see what it changes with the shocks set on "sport" mode.

Hey OffRoad, thanks for your input on the bucking. I've only rode in my 4 seater so I can't compare it to anything, or anyone elses unfortunately. I can say I had it in sport mode the entire time I was running it hard the other day. By that I mean sport for the shocks, not transmission setting. From what I understand sport mode on the center dash only changes the shift points for the transmission and does nothing else for the vehicle. Is that correct? I run sport for shocks often because I have a heavy food and find sport for shocks helps with body roll more, and absorbs more bumps at high speed. The bucking got so bad the other day I felt as if we were about to do a front flip in some whoops.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Very informative video. Makes me think some for sure. I have already been planning on putting a spare tire on the back, now just wondering how far back can I go with it. I was thinking about replacing the tender springs too, since people have reported positive results with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.