Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Well the Honda website is about as vague as you can get. Affects both my machines but no description whatsoever. Texted my service manager and his response was "We just need to inspect the intake". I will see if I can get more info than that...

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well the Honda website is about as vague as you can get. Affects both my machines but no description whatsoever. Texted my service manager and his response was "We just need to inspect the intake". I will see if I can get more info than that...

View attachment 3473
I ran my vin and my 2021 Talon 1000x LV is included, Talking with my dealer's service department (2-3-22) and they said the recall just came out Monday. They must inspect the machine and if it is defective, not to ride the machine until the part is fixed. They cannot order the part until it is inspected. No idea of turn-a-round time.

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
167 Posts
They are the bands around the funnels where they come down from the airbox, and connect to the throttle body. Mine came loose and the engine vibration separated one, and it sucked dirt. My engine is completely ruined and has been sitting at the dealership for 4 long months now. I am off warranty, so initially Honda refused to cover it (and pretended to not have any idea what we were talking about), but now I don't see how they can refuse!

If you look at the later vintage 2021 Talons out on the dealers floor, the bands are completely different from the older ones. They knew they had a problem way back when and fixed it at the factory, but now they have to take care of the ones that went out with the older, wimpy bands.

·
Registered
68 Posts
They are the bands around the funnels where they come down from the airbox, and connect to the throttle body. Mine came loose and the engine vibration separated one, and it sucked dirt. My engine is completely ruined and has been sitting at the dealership for 4 long months now. I am off warranty, so initially Honda refused to cover it (and pretended to not have any idea what we were talking about), but now I don't see how they can refuse!

If you look at the later vintage 2021 Talons out on the dealers floor, the bands are completely different from the older ones. They knew they had a problem way back when and fixed it at the factory, but now they have to take care of the ones that went out with the older, wimpy bands.
It sounds like to me you are talking about the clamps that are at the engine and not the clamps that hold the intake air horns in place. You can see the two horns by looking into intake with airbox lid off. If the recall camps come apart they can fall into the intake and damage the engine, but I don't think it can suck dirt in that location.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Those clamps are after/downstream of the filter and, if the filter itself is sealed correctly, should not result in a dust issue as they are located in a "clean" environment. If the filter was correctly sealed, any dust sucked into the engine it would be from another issue/location, possibly a loose clamp further downstream as you follow those boots outside the airbox and down to the engine.

Seems if the pictured clamps had an issue and the bolt did back all the way out, the bolt itself could potentially be sucked into the engine, which could very possibly be catastrophic. Wise to check the clamps below the airbox as well as the ones shown in the video.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Searched for this recall before posting but nothing came up so I posted in the news section.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts