Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Has anyone out installEd an Inferno cab heater with an auxiliary battery already installed. I have a CA Technologies battery tray and aux battery installed in the open spot directly behind the radiator. While Preparing to install the can heater by reading instructions, it appears the heater might install about where the aux battery tray is.

Anyone have experience doing this?

Thank you for any advice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Michael, I have each of these products installed. The Inferno cab heater can be installed behind the CA Tech bracket & battery. It has been a while since I did the install, but from memory I had to temporarily remove the aux battery to install the heater and then reinstall. Everything I needed was provided in the Inferno kit. The Inferno kit I ordered allowed the blower motor to be installed in either location if I recall correctly. With that said, I believe Inferno offered 2 kits for the Talon. If the kit you have doesn't allow for this, you may need to return and swap for the other kit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You bet. Here are some after pics of mine (sorry, I didn't take any during the install). Keep in mind there is quite a bit of flexibility of where you locate vents, switch, etc. all up to personal preference. For example, I chose not to remove the aluminum warning plate on the dash. Install ends up very clean and in my opinion looks like it came from the factory with a heater. The heater core and components are not visible once you add the aux battery kit. Hopefully this is helpful.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design Automotive tire
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Bumper
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
59 Posts
Their are two different heaters for talon one woth factory windsheild wiper package and one woth out the one for windshield wiper mounts behind radiator mine is one without wiper mounts behind glove box umder center of windshield

·
Registered
368 Posts
if ya all are on a budget, check out summit or Jegs, they have cab neaters\duct kits, most are higher btu and have the ducting kits for defrost/cab heat. biggest challenge is making the mounting bracket.

put a few of these in rzr's over time, all worked very very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.