Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda 1000R
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the RC2 filter today just to have something better than stock until I can get a good air intake system figured out with a pre-filter. I don't like anything I have seen on the market so far. At least I can clean the filter now without too much of a hassle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm curious on how it holds up. I just put in the uni for a prefilter not sure how i like it. The inlet tube definitely not very rigid. Will be looking forward to updates.

·
Registered
2019 Honda 1000R
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will keep you posted. My plans are to work from here to try to figure out a better solution for a pre filter on these things. I purchased a Warrior and it is ok, but I don't want to cut the plastic. I would like to get a solution that exits the side grill opening like the Honda separator. In another post someone mention air flow concerns. Ha, if you look inside the Warrior pipe there couldn't be any dirtier application. It is nothing but a bunch of PVC like pipe glued together. I have a couple of ideas, but I have to tear it down to see if they will work. Flim at 10...

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
91 Posts
I installed the RC2 filter today just to have something better than stock until I can get a good air intake system figured out with a pre-filter. I don't like anything I have seen on the market so far. At least I can clean the filter now without too much of a hassle.
Wilson 1: Where did you get the RC2 Filter? I can't find one that is made to replace the factory Honda filter. I even looked on RC2's site and they do not list one for the Honda Talon.

·
Registered
2019 Honda 1000R
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It comes two ways. The ones you see on Ebay are usually just the filter. But it also comes as a kit with the flange and be bolts to install it. That is what you want, the kit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sidebysideoutlet.com

It is a bit of a pain to install since it is so flexible, but not all that bad. You just have to take your time.
Thank you for your quick reply. This is something I am going to purchase as soon as my factory filters are used up. I am not in a rush, I have a KWT particle separator installed on the Talon and it radically deters having to replace factory filters. When I need another filter someday, I now know where to get the R2C.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It comes two ways. The ones you see on Ebay are usually just the filter. But it also comes as a kit with the flange and be bolts to install it. That is what you want, the kit.
I suspected so, and that’s why it’s so pricey. I had one on my RZR and really liked it, so I figure it’s worth the cost. Again, thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts