Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looked around on the forum and really couldn’t find the answer I’m looking for. I’m looking at installing an inferno heater on my ‘21 two seater. My wife does not like the cold but loves to ride so I’m trying to make it comfortable year round for her. I am already fully enclosed.

Couple of questions that I’m trying to find answers on from personal experience.

1. Do they work well/ I have read that if your not moving then they do not blow hot air.
2. Has anyone used it to defrost the SATV flip up windshield- caught in WV snow storm last year and it was rough keeping the windshield clear.
3. is there something better for heat and defrost?
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this is older, but maybe it will help someone, had the inferno in my last general, best money ever spent, if you hook it up like instructions tell you to it will continuously heat, even at a idle, I used mine with satv flip up windshield, kept everything defrosted riding in 25degree weather in WV, sleeted constantly, I also put heated seats foy wife, we rode all weekend with no jackets on, I wore my Crocs one day with socks🤣, it was very comfy,. Now the talon on the other hand has such big air gaps around doors and all, don't know how you would heat them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this is older, but maybe it will help someone, had the inferno in my last general, best money ever spent, if you hook it up like instructions tell you to it will continuously heat, even at a idle, I used mine with satv flip up windshield, kept everything defrosted riding in 25degree weather in WV, sleeted constantly, I also put heated seats foy wife, we rode all weekend with no jackets on, I wore my Crocs one day with socks🤣, it was very comfy,. Now the talon on the other hand has such big air gaps around doors and all, don't know how you would heat them
thanks for the feedback. I’ve sealed most of the gaps for the winter. The defrost is the a big reason I’m wanting one (don’t tell the wife). We were on HFM last in April and got all four season in the same day. When it was sleeting and snowing we would have to stop ever couple of minutes to clear windshield.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry it took so long for you to get a answer, but yes it will defrost your windshield well, I was the only one up there that could see in February and we mostly ride hmt, I went with a glass windshield this time with the raise up vents, just tired of scratching the polys, even the scratch proof scratch, now the glass is so close to the same price, it pays to buy it👍, don't be afraid of the inferno, it's worth every penny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts