Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing the inferno heater. I followed all the directions but after watching a couple of videos online, the way my directions had me route my coolant lines were different from the video's online that I've seen. I installed my coolant line from the oil cooler, ( where I cut the coolant line right behind my rear shock and connected there supplied coolant line) under my buggy and up to the bottom heater inlet. Then ran another coolant line from the upper heater inlet back down under the buggy to other end of the oil cooler line that I cut and it goes to the water pump. I guess what I'm asking is why do the video's have 2 y-fittings that splice in there lines and my kit has straight nipples and you run 2 lines from front to back. Also I started machine up afterwards and ran for 10 mins but there was no heat and the temp was up to range. I no I should add more fluid than I took out but so far my radiator is full with the fluid I drained and replaced

·
Registered
263 Posts
Shane0, ughhh, I’ve helped a couple of buddies fix rzr’s up after some install difficulties.

Take this with a grain of salt, one machine never had the black plugs taken out the heater at the core and the hoses were put on so that was a 6 beer session troubleshooting. Is the supply hose getting hot up to the heater??? Took back apart and removed plugs and then the majic happened.

Another machine was simply air bound, couldn’t get the air out since the rzr air bleed screw was
Impossible to break loose a while with the machine front end jacked up very high so we had the top of the radiator higher than the heater and just patience to keep adding, let sit and we could watch the air bubbles come to the radiator.

We’re there any valves added to bypass the heater in the summer by chance or is the heater just in series with the oil cooler? Can you post a pic of install instructions?

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just finished installing the inferno heater. I followed all the directions but after watching a couple of videos online, the way my directions had me route my coolant lines were different from the video's online that I've seen. I installed my coolant line from the oil cooler, ( where I cut the coolant line right behind my rear shock and connected there supplied coolant line) under my buggy and up to the bottom heater inlet. Then ran another coolant line from the upper heater inlet back down under the buggy to other end of the oil cooler line that I cut and it goes to the water pump. I guess what I'm asking is why do the video's have 2 y-fittings that splice in there lines and my kit has straight nipples and you run 2 lines from front to back. Also I started machine up afterwards and ran for 10 mins but there was no heat and the temp was up to range. I no I should add more fluid than I took out but so far my radiator is full with the fluid I drained and replaced
I believe the way you did it (and the same way I did it) is the newest way, it heats up quicker as it doesn't have to wait for thermostat to open. (I think)

·
Registered
66 Posts
if you have warmed it up so the thermostat opened up im betting that you have a air bubble in the heater core that you are going to have to work out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I figured out my problem. After pulling my coolant lines back off and checking to see if any coolant had made its way thru the lines, my water pump was air locked. I ended up running the buggy until it was hot, shut it down add coolant. It took a while but if you keep doing that repeatedly, the air will eventually work its way out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Shane0,

Good to hear you found the bug it’s all working and hope you enjoy it!!!!

It’s good to hear the resolution to an issue as well so others can learn if needed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I recently installed the same system in my talon. They did not say in the instructions to do this, but I thought it made sense. I filled the empty coolant lines with coolant before connecting them at the inferno heater. Just recently went on a day outing with my wife and friends in sub freezing temps. It worked like a champ. Neither of us ever felt cold. Glad you found your issue. Wish they'd update the instructions so that they had you bleed the lines better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I recently installed the same system in my talon. They did not say in the instructions to do this, but I thought it made sense. I filled the empty coolant lines with coolant before connecting them at the inferno heater. Just recently went on a day outing with my wife and friends in sub freezing temps. It worked like a champ. Neither of us ever felt cold. Glad you found your issue. Wish they'd update the instructions so that they had you bleed the lines better.
Great idea. I should of done what you did. It definitely would of took less time to get all the air out. Oh well live and learn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts