Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How’s everybody doing. So, I’m from the southeast, Alabama. I got me a Chevy 2500hd tuned by by Kennedy diesel, a fifth wheel toy hauler and a nice ass Honda talon x.
let’s just say I’m going to bored the dogs, tell the old lady we’re out of here for a week, load my shit up and hit the road.
Where would you go. ???
Guys, remember, we don’t fight each other, we fight them. I will say I can take a punch but if you can’t bow out gracefully and I’ll meet you there. Where’s the best place to camp and ride inside of 500 miles of Alabama.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, by the way. I’m not French😛. A backhoe operator couldn’t remember my name back in the 80’s so he called me Pierre and it stuck. I’ve worked hard to live up to it. The girls like it. So I live with it and finally accepted it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool , my sister lives in Vegas and is up my ass all the time about come on, you’ll love it. Utah has been her stomping grounds since the 90’s. Got great friends in Montana. They come stay with me every other year to do the HANK WILLIAMS JR. thing. But, as a lineman in Alabama that gets it done, I’m a prisoner. The appreciation factor is turning me to live before I can’t. So don’t be surprised if I hit you up in your backyard to ride. I’m just scary like that. 🤓🤓

·
Registered
172 Posts
Life is too short to be a prisoner of your career. I'm also a workaholic, you almost have to be if you like toys and vacations. That being said, as cheesy as it sounds, I live by the "work hard play harder" motto. Take your sister and friends up on their offers. I'm from PA and have been fortunate enough to see much of the country on my companies dime. The west never ceases to amaze me. Some places like Nevada can get so hot and dry that riding would be less fun in the summer. Stick to higher elevations and latitudes in the summer. I rented a Harley in Vegas and rode to LA for some work training a few years back in May. I took the long way both directions hitting Joshua Tree, Amboy, and Death Valley camping along the way. The desert is stunning but the heat in Death Valley was incredible, and that's wasn't even summertime. There is an offroad trail from Vegas to LAish that would be so fun on the Talon. Aim high, ride safe, and post pics of where ever your buggy takes you! Here's another pic from Bond, Colorado last summer, note the smoke from the forest fires!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cool , my sister lives in Vegas and is up my ass all the time about come on, you’ll love it. Utah has been her stomping grounds since the 90’s. Got great friends in Montana. They come stay with me every other year to do the HANK WILLIAMS JR. thing. But, as a lineman in Alabama that gets it done, I’m a prisoner. The appreciation factor is turning me to live before I can’t. So don’t be surprised if I hit you up in your backyard to ride. I’m just scary like that. 🤓🤓
We ride Windrow ATV park, Royal Blue, Brimstone and Nemo's Tunnel in Tennessee just an hour outside of Knoxville and each park is within an hour of each other. There are over 1000 miles of trails combined with all levels of difficulty.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you get out all the way to Idaho and Oregon and see the hundreds of miles of Forest Service and BLManagement lands to ride on you won't want to go back home!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rush off road Ashland Kentucky big place lots of trails and different kinds of stuff to ride rock crawling ,big hills , mud and easy trails if that more your style.

·
Registered
2021 1000 X
38 Posts
Welcome Pierre, I'm in northwest Bama. Stoney Lonesome in Bremen, AL is a good park for all skill levels but you can ride it in a day or two. Ditto Indian Mountain in Piedmont. For a week I look to Knoxville Tennessee area. For 2-weeks (minimum), Colorado. Expect crowds everywhere from now to fall and don't be surprised if most campgrounds are already booked for the summer. Man this sport is growing! Ride safe.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds good, I like trails. I don’t really have anything to prove in sloppy mud. I like to keep my tail dry until the end of the day. That cuts down on assrash but I always wind up floating in a big creek when it’s hot as hatti’s. I’ve been riding off road all my life in one form or another. I like to ride fast but you got to be careful. These kids don’t understand how to wait for the guy behind you and don’t turn around on the trail. -no cell phones back in the day-. That’s Asking for a head on collision. I’m headed to tenn. over the 4th. Gonna check out talladega and then over to WV. Thanks for the heads up on places to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts