Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Talon 1000x-4 Live Valve that was having a hard time idling and would die when I put it in gear. After doing some research I found that a possible culprit would be a dirty Idle Control Valve so I pulled it out to look and it was dirty. I threw that one away and ordered a new one. When I put the new one in the Talon now jumps from 2500-3000 rpm and back over and over when idling. Upon inspection I noticed that the plunger screws up and down on the new ICV so I thought that maybe it needs to be set at a specific spot before installing and I don’t have the old one to compare it to.
I tried a hard reset with no luck. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a 2020 Talon 1000x-4 Live Valve that was having a hard time idling and would die when I put it in gear. After doing some research I found that a possible culprit would be a dirty Idle Control Valve so I pulled it out to look and it was dirty. I threw that one away and ordered a new one. When I put the new one in the Talon now jumps from 2500-3000 rpm and back over and over when idling. Upon inspection I noticed that the plunger screws up and down on the new ICV so I thought that maybe it needs to be set at a specific spot before installing and I don’t have the old one to compare it to.
I tried a hard reset with no luck. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Did you ever find a solution? I think I need to replace mine.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the ICV was the problem and when I installed it I didn’t line up the groove in the valve with the pin so it wasn’t install correctly. Once I lined up the pin and the groove it ran fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was tricky getting it in correct because I couldn’t see the pin at all, I even took the battery box out thinking I might be able to get a better angle but my big head could get in to see it. Lol

I ended up taking a picture of the inside cylinder with my phone so I knew exactly where the pin was then had no problem.
Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts