Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I was going about 60+ and hit a cow.... broke a lot of plastics and stuff, all fixable. If the frame is bent any at all.. is it worth fixing? or should I turn it in to insurance and hope for the best.. It has 230 miles on it its a 21 1000x with live valve. Will they total it? The only thing that's really noticeably bent is the drilled bar that runs across the front I circled it in the picture right in the middle on the back side is a little bowed out. Will it not be worth anything if the frame is a smidge off and I fix it and try to adjust the tow and everything of the tires so there's minimal ware? View attachment 3795

·
Registered
99 Posts
Holy cow, you really did it in ha? Sorry had to, sounds like everyone's okay, not sure about the cow though!

My buddy hit a tree at about 30 mph and they totalled his. Had minimal damage but frame got tweeked. Wouldn't be surprised if the insurance company totals it.

Best of luck, I'd have it thoroughly checked as a twisted frame can really throw off a lot and cause strange wear on tires etc.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy cow, you really did it in ha? Sorry had to, sounds like everyone's okay, not sure about the cow though!

My buddy hit a tree at about 30 mph and they totalled his. Had minimal damage but frame got tweeked. Wouldn't be surprised if the insurance company totals it.

Best of luck, I'd have it thoroughly checked as a twisted frame can really throw off a lot and cause strange wear on tires etc.

Thanks for the input man. Cow did not make it. It was, luckily, just me in it and thankfully I stayed on all 4 tires and was fine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the input man. Cow did not make it. It was, luckily, just me in it and thankfully I stayed on all 4 tires and was fine.
Glad to hear you're alright, sucks about the cow though. I'd definitely get it looked at by a Honda power sports shop. Unfortunately I understand they are still very hard to get a hold of, so if they total it your mileage may vary on finding a replacement. Keep us posted man, and good luck!

·
Registered
323 Posts
frame damage gets totaled or swap it all over to new frame and pony up the deductible.

if you have patience and the equipment, anything can be fixed

can't see your pic, but usually more is bent than the eye can see

glad you are ok and good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let them totalnit then buy it back at salvage prices giving you a lot of spare parts including an engine. If so inclined you could send that engine out for new pistons and then add the turbo lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts