Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are multiple post on this issue and one YouTube video on how to do this with a paper clip, but the 2021 has a six pin red connector with much smaller contacts than previous models. I don’t want to experiment and short anything out and create a bigger problem. The light came on after getting a flat. The dealer wants $65 per half hour to diagnose. Has anyone else had this issue and reset the i4wd light?

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I brought my new talon home it came on. Not sure why but after I aligned it from almost 1” out on the right, no more light

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried a few things, including disconnecting the battery for a while. Wheels seem to be aligned. Looks like I’m going to have to take it to the dealership 😫

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the same problem with the light, as well as the live valve warning light.
The computer is confused about the tire size, it has to re lean I guess. I put mine in 4wd and and 2wd and pinned it wide open across the pasture an the light went off. Never came back on.
I learned that on this site. It's a free try, that takes a few min, worth a shot if you haven't tried it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to reset i4wd today. Someone on here on a different post identified which two wires had to be jumped to reset light (brown/red and green) the 2021 has a much smaller connector so I used a piece of telephone wire and followed procedure on the YouTube video from 864 Offroad LLC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts