Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was riding at Windrock going up a trail and laid my talon over in a rut. It shut off and would not start until I got it back level again. I could have drove it out if it would have started back up. This has happened to me twice and is aggravating. My question is there some kind of switch to keep it from starting up? And that can be bypass? Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
Was riding at Windrock going up a trail and laid my talon over in a rut. It shut off and would not start until I got it back level again. I could have drove it out if it would have started back up. This has happened to me twice and is aggravating. My question is there some kind of switch to keep it from starting up? And that can be bypass? Thanks
It is because it loses oil pressure when laid on the left side. Oil pressure goes below a threshold at about 45 degrees so it kills the engine to protect it and the clutches.

Not sure if it is programmable somehow but even if you bypassed it, the clutches will disengage without enough oil pressure so you can't move anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man I didn't even think about a oil sensor or pressure sensor. 🤦 That makes total sense Yeah I don't think I would want to disconnect or bypass it and take a chance on messing my motor up. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Keep in mind that the Talon will lean to the right a lot farther than the left before it loses oil pressure and cuts out. So if you have a choice, try to drop the right side in the rut instead of the left.

I had mine completely on the right side and it kept running until I reached over and shut it off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to keep that in mind. Now that you say that you are right because I I laid my over on the right once going up a step trail and it didn't shut off. But the times I lean it over to the left it shut off. Trail 15 at Windrock was one of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts