Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my stock tires with 30” and just stacked them up without paying attention to where they were originally mounted on my 1000R.

How do I tell the fronts from the backs?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I replaced my stock tires with 30” and just stacked them up without paying attention to where they were originally mounted on my 1000R.

How do I tell the fronts from the backs?
Are you referring to the stock tires/wheels? If so, the stock fronts are much narrower than the rears.

28X9X15 up front and 28X11X15 in the rear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
stock and some aftermarket tires are directional and have an arrow on the sidewall. If they aren't directional the fronts (if driven on harder surfaces) will be worn more on the sides than the middle. rotate them to the back if they are all the same size so they wear evenly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you put the new tires on the original rims, then the rear wheels are substantially wider than the front. If you purchased equal width wheels and tires then tire wear will be your guide. The rears will wear substantially faster than the fronts. As Fudd66 stated, you can look for wear on the outer edges of the knobs of the tires to give a clue as to weather they were on the front versus the rear.

Rand

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.