• A little love and a little hate.

Votes: 6 30.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so I thought I would throw this out and see what your thoughts are. I had my nets up for a little bit (Month maybe) I really was annoyed by the fact that I could not lean out to put it on the trailer ( opened door and watched the front tire it’s a tight fit ) or making my way threw the rocky terrain. So a couple months since then I threw them back on thinking maybe I just made a quick decision and would give them another run. The wife was happy that I put them back on because she feels safer but I on the other hand feel I have a good idea of what these things can do owning a car for 3 months out of the 46 yrs I’ve been on earth. Everything was 4x4 and ATV, just curious if others have removed them and why? All opinions are appreciated and it seems to be a topic I’ve yet to see so what the hell 🙃

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very first thing I removed, right before the seat belts.
Danger is my middle name!!!

Actually I installed 4 point harnesses.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am waiting to see, I have only done a few trails so far and it has been fine. I do want to try going with out them to see the difference.

·
Registered
2020 1000x
5 Posts
I unhooked one clip on mine and it just kind of hangs there on the inside of the door. Wife likes to be able to put it up. If it gets brushy they will be nice

·
Registered
91 Posts
with age comes a cage, and....

4 point harnesses
nets up - I actually added them to my rzr’s
helmet/goggles

I have watched these things flip or roll on their roof or side - Including myself - Dry slowly - crawling along - no beer involved - natural reaction is to put arm out to brace yourself - too many broken bones or almost broken with others in the group

they help with sticks/brush

I’ll live with the nets

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine hang down in the front (undid both top attachments) and they are up in the back. Don't miss them

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon X4 Live Valve
7 Posts
I've seen way too many injuries over the years from people sticking arms out, etc. I keep mine up, hasn't been a problem and doesn't obstruct the view too much. I also require helmets in mine, again have seen way too many preventable injuries over the years.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I love mine and keep them super clean and dry in my garage. In a box!
Yes there is a danger with out them, but hey I grew up when they barely had seat belts in cars and we always rode in the back of the pick-up truck!
For sure they are safer but I just didn’t like the inconvenience of them and the loss of vision.
If I was racing I would put them back on.
But certainly get your self some harnesses!

·
Registered
32 Posts
First thing removed when I got it home and first thing added was a Nascar quality 5 PT system. I have been up and over several times open wheel road racing and my natural instinct is to grab my helmet to prevent neck injury and hang on to it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey all, so I thought I would throw this out and see what your thoughts are. I had my nets up for a little bit (Month maybe) I really was annoyed by the fact that I could not lean out to put it on the trailer ( opened door and watched the front tire it’s a tight fit ) or making my way threw the rocky terrain. So a couple months since then I threw them back on thinking maybe I just made a quick decision and would give them another run. The wife was happy that I put them back on because she feels safer but I on the other hand feel I have a good idea of what these things can do owning a car for 3 months out of the 46 yrs I’ve been on earth. Everything was 4x4 and ATV, just curious if others have removed them and why? All opinions are appreciated and it seems to be a topic I’ve yet to see so what the hell 🙃
Drivers side gone. Passenger side stays. Have had 5 UTV's and always removed the driver side nets.:cool:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Those pathetic nets were cut off before the car got unloaded at home. Then recently installed the click 6 harnesses from Polaris. Had to get different pads to cover up the “Polaris” pads

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually thought the nets would be the first things to come off. But after 1800+ miles of desert and woods riding, love them, haven't been slapped on the face by branches in ages. They also do a great job of keeping body parts inside the SxS and any mud or rocks hitting the net is that much less hitting me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Actually thought the nets would be the first things to come off. But after 1800+ miles of desert and woods riding, love them, haven't been slapped on the face by branches in ages. They also do a great job of keeping body parts inside the SxS and any mud or rocks hitting the net is that much less hitting me.
I always wear a helmet with a flipup shield so it's not a problem for me. I have been gouged thru the lower door openings, but in our hot climate I leave them open. My friends 2019 Talon 1000 has 20k miles on it, so I hope my 2020 does as well..:cool:

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Talon 1000R
25 Posts
I had them off for the first couple of rides and put them back on. They keep the branches and the brier bushes out of the cab. i also noticed they keep the mud out too...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ride in the woods a lot. They keep as much out as they do in. Stops the limb face slapping. They do not obstruct my vision at all.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I ride in the woods a lot. They keep as much out as they do in. Stops the limb face slapping. They do not obstruct my vision at all.
I still have mine on for the same reason. I do not snap them in place but my wife does on her side in the woods. Many of the trails will welcome you with a slap in the face.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts