Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
How did you spend your stimulus money? Me I added #SuperATVskidplates. while the skid plate was off, i insulated around radiator lines, blocked hot air going up to gear shift, etc. Then did the #Allthingsutv instrument gauge relocation, #EVO bolt on exhaust, #PRP overhead storage bags. Last, I pre-order the #Trailtanks 10 gallon larger gas tank馃槑馃憤馃徎馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
How did you spend your stimulus money? Me I added #SuperATVskidplates. while the skid plate was off, i insulated around radiator lines, blocked hot air going up to gear shift, etc. Then did the #Allthingsutv instrument gauge relocation, #EVO bolt on exhaust, #PRP overhead storage bags. Last, I pre-order the #Trailtanks 10 gallon larger gas tank馃槑馃憤馃徎馃嚭馃嚫
View attachment 1311

View attachment 1312

View attachment 1313
View attachment 1314
View attachment 1315
View attachment 1316
View attachment 1317
How was the Trail Tank install?
Also where did you get the insulation for underneath?
looks great!

Registered
My stimulus check was spent before I got it!
Brick City Fab (Cage), Shock Therapy, Rugged Radios, EVO, whips, light bar, rock lights, yada yada yada......

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
How was the Trail Tank install?
Also where did you get the insulation for underneath?
looks great!
Haven't received it yet, but I'll post something when I get it. Yeah I want to get insulation inside where the tank goes. I and believe how hot it gets there. Surprised Honda didn't do heat shields alone there.

Registered
Haven't received it yet, but I'll post something when I get it. Yeah I want to get insulation inside where the tank goes. I and believe how hot it gets there. Surprised Honda didn't do heat shields alone there.
Excellent, it鈥檚 on my Short list when I return this winter to Yuma (we live in Costa Rica)
We we鈥檙e stuck in Yuma much later in the year Than we had anticipated (Covid) and it was way to hot to go on any rides back then (mid July) but can鈥檛 wait tell Dec or Jan when we return!

Registered
HavasuDave, when i seen your picture of the Trail tank, I was jealous.
I ordered mine right after you posted your order. And mine is not here yet...
But they posted maybe another week or so.
Once that area opened up I will be looking at additional insulation areas also.
Will post what I figure out.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
HavasuDave, when i seen your picture of the Trail tank, I was jealous.
I ordered mine right after you posted your order. And mine is not here yet...
But they posted maybe another week or so.
Once that area opened up I will be looking at additional insulation areas also.
Will post what I figure out.
Don't get jealous yet, I got the same email as you馃槤馃槀 I don't have it yet. Yes, very interested in what you do to insulate, or other ideas you have.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent, it鈥檚 on my Short list when I return this winter to Yuma (we live in Costa Rica)
We we鈥檙e stuck in Yuma much later in the year Than we had anticipated (Covid) and it was way to hot to go on any rides back then (mid July) but can鈥檛 wait tell Dec or Jan when we return!
When you get back, I heard there is some good riding down there and interesting stuff to see like the weapons proving grounds. A guy at ATV HQ told me he used to live there. Not sure if your interested, but always better to have a local show you around.

Registered
Dave, How do you like the overhead bags? I was considering the Honda bags, but these are bigger.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I like they way they fit and seem to be tight, not saggy. Haven't had them on the trail yet, but I like the fit finish and zippers. Take off the roof for easier install, at least take the four corners and front middle off.

Registered
When you get back, I heard there is some good riding down there and interesting stuff to see like the weapons proving grounds. A guy at ATV HQ told me he used to live there. Not sure if your interested, but always better to have a local show you around.
Absolutely would love to set something up and also would love to come up and check out the Havasu/Parker area, maybe make it a two to three day thing?馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Absolutely would love to set something up and also would love to come up and check out the Havasu/Parker area, maybe make it a two to three day thing?馃憤
Absolutely, I have rides in those areas you would love. When you get back let me know I'll send you my number and we will coordinate. I know of dry camping areas etc..

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Also, Alamo lake camp grounds are very nice and many greats trails out of there.

Registered
Also, Alamo lake camp grounds are very nice and many greats trails out of there.
Funny a group of us were supposed to go to Alamo last year, but a storm and rain blew in and we cancelled.
Yes I will be in touch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts