Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see many horn location possibilities. I mounted mine under a passenger cowling screw for now. I haven't wired it yet. Does the horn opening need to point down to protect it from rain or water during washing?

Is your horn wired for key on or always on? That isn't very important, but just wondering which way others went. Most probably can't recall the last time they used their horn.

·
Registered
20 Posts
that looks fine. i just finished mine and fixed it to the hex bolt in the center behind the rubber dam. i used the instructions, so it is always on. it's loud, but you're correct probably almost never to be used. the amount of wire supplied was just enough from the battery to my switch position. i don't think the horn orientation matters particularly,it's horozontal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would turn it to the inside and down.Stream crossing will fill it with water sand and mud. mine filled with water and died.

·
Registered
20 Posts
thanks to cshluver i ran down this morning and turned my horn bell to the rear toward the rubber dam. plenty loud.

for now until i see how the windshield works when it gets here, i've got my ipad mounted as shown. helps for these old eyes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts