Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
It will fly off if it is not locked in place. You have to make sure the front is locked in place. Hope you were able to find the hood.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My hood routinely pops loose after coming off the trail and hitting the high speed road (usually pops up at around 45mph and its always the passenger side). Oddly enough I have trailered the Talon over 4500 miles on an open trailer at highway speeds without the hood popping loose. I may try shimming the front hood "push pins" so they are more tight in the rubber sockets. Does anyone have a different solution?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok, on another forum I found my solution! I didn't realize the front of the hood had two "j hooks". This requires the hood to be slid into place from front to back before pushing the 4 "push pins" down into the rubber grommets.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Popped on my last trailering, fortunely the keys held it and I saw it and stopped, Yah, got to make sure you get those front latches

·
Registered
42 Posts
I tried my first time out on the trail to go and it kept popping up. After much use of bad vocabulary my son who is 10 said "are you sliding it in to the catches Dad?" Humbled. After putting it on correct never had any issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts