Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
My hood routinely pops loose after coming off the trail and hitting the high speed road (usually pops up at around 45mph and its always the passenger side). Oddly enough I have trailered the Talon over 4500 miles on an open trailer at highway speeds without the hood popping loose. I may try shimming the front hood "push pins" so they are more tight in the rubber sockets. Does anyone have a different solution?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ok, on another forum I found my solution! I didn't realize the front of the hood had two "j hooks". This requires the hood to be slid into place from front to back before pushing the 4 "push pins" down into the rubber grommets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep...lost mine on I15 North. Third time I trailed it. I didn't have the front part of the hood correctly installed. Never found it, it must haven taken flight. Anyhow, if you need one Rocky Mt. has the the OEM replacement hood in the exact color with decals ( Honda emblem separate of course) and it wasn't too bad of price. I think it was around $275 but that was over a year ago. I now pull on the front of the hood to see if it will lift off prior to loading... You only make that mistake once:oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts