Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
see PaulF's deep dive root cause problem solving on the ps issues on the other forums, it is outstanding, plus there are other threads detailing the effect of the added rotational mass on felt hp

lots are running 32's.......

·
Registered
100 Posts
be prepared to have power steering, or the lack of it with the 32’s….
I can't say I have any issues with my PS.

I will say I definitely lost some 'umph', lost that nimble feeling for sure. However, with the type of riding I do I needed the ground clearance! Still able to zip around and enjoy the sxs, just lost a little of the pep. I'm happy with it, sits much higher and less concerns. Factory it sat way too low! Still kicking around the idea of a turbo to get some power back, however the turbo kit doesn't provide crazy numbers so I'm hesitant for the $ to HP gains.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
looks awesome!!!!! good to hear no ps issues as well.

it seems that Hess NA kit gets some descent HP gains, doesn't need plumbing and pinwheels, and just need to remove top end. 30HP/figure $3K, $100/1HP, basically the same $/HP as that Jackson kit - but that gives ya more...

·
Registered
100 Posts
looks awesome!!!!! good to hear no ps issues as well.

it seems that Hess NA kit gets some descent HP gains, doesn't need plumbing and pinwheels, and just need to remove top end. 30HP/figure $3K, $100/1HP, basically the same $/HP as that Jackson kit - but that gives ya more...
Thank you sir, not the best pic but she does the job!

How big of a job is this though? I can't imagine you'd be able to swap all these internals on the top end without removing a lot of the body/plastics. Is this something that can be done in a couple hours? Is this something that requires someone well versed with mechanical work? I'm a DIY'er, and have done turbo installs on cars before but not sure how hard it'll be on the talon.

I'm really happy with my talon, however like some of you wish it had more power. I saw kraftwerks released their kit too, and it's cheaper than the factory option that Honda supports.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
to get the head off all you have to remove is the air box cover in the bed of your talon. and the seats to remove the fire wall. its not bad. as for all the machines i have worked on it is the easy one. and if you were to have to do pistons just add taking off the skid plate. so its really not bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts