Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone tried installing and using with success the oem Honda upper doors with a SuperATV rear lexan/plastic window? I have the SuperATV rear window installed and want to get good quality upper doors for winter use here in Wisconsin. I am installing an inferno cab heater also. My concern is that the Honda oem upper doors indicates that the fabric oem rear window is required. Ideas, thoughts, experience.
From looking at the picture on Honda site, looks to me like it would work since rear fabric window attaches to the doors and not the other way around. But really would like to hear from someone who has tried it. The almost 2 grand cost is an expensive gamble.

Thanks for any help.

· Registered
59 Posts
Save your money and go to utvenclosure.com Great product, fast shipping. Give her a call and mention Chris in Hornell NY and she will take $50 off. I have been using this enclosure along with the super atv rear widow all winter. It works great. The only thing I would do is buy some upgraded velcro like this Strenco 2 Inch Adhesive Black Hook and Loop Tape - 5 Yards - Heavy Duty Strips - Sticky Back Fastener . Its much better than the velcro they provide. I have done many things to my cab to seal it up and keep it warm and dry. If you'd like to know what ive done let me know. I was just out this weekend in 15 degree weather and steady snow fall with my wife and four year old. We stayed toasty with just a Mr. buddy heater.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Skillets. I actually have had one on order from her, but it’s back ordered for a couple weeks and my wife wanted the Honda ones. But thanks to your feedback I convinced her and we are sticking with the ones from sidexside/utvenclosure. I like the fact that they can be taken off without a lot of work.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fabric ones from sidexside are $575 - $664 depending on mounting options. The Honda one ones are $1950, but have a frame around the top, exterior door handles and look like more work to install and later remove.

· Super Moderator
342 Posts
We'll have a soft cab enclosure ready in about a month. All designed with our rear windshield in mind. Plus, I'm pretty sure our rear windshield can work or easily can be made to work with the OEM enclosure. I haven't seen any fitment issues anywhere with it, and I'm pretty sure we did a try-on here in the shop and it all worked fine.

· Registered
36 Posts
We'll have a soft cab enclosure ready in about a month. All designed with our rear windshield in mind. Plus, I'm pretty sure our rear windshield can work or easily can be made to work with the OEM enclosure. I haven't seen any fitment issues anywhere with it, and I'm pretty sure we did a try-on here in the shop and it all worked fine.
Can’t wait,love the super Atv stuff.

· Super Moderator
342 Posts
Whats the superatv price gonna be for the x4 enclosure. I love all my other Superatv stuff.
Thanks man! Not quite sure yet on the 4 seater. The 2 seater will probably in the high $300's. Maybe $500+ or so for the 4 seater...but not sure yet.

· Registered
2021 Talon 1000X4
23 Posts
I too have an upper enclosure for my X4 from Side X Side Enclosures. For the money it works great and is very easy to take on and off. I've had and used mine since I picked up my machine from the dealership, I had it ordered before I even received my machine. Mine actually stays installed most of the time here in the Inland NW except during the hottest parts of the summer, I mostly only take it off for trailering. I have just used the adhesive velcro strips and it has worked just fine over 1,000 miles of riding since September of 2021.

Hard to beat!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.