Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We almost dropped the hammer on a Yamaha Rmax 1000-2 XTR but it got sold before we could act quickly. So we evaluated our situation, we had thought strongly about an Talon X-2 and when we were told by our local dealer that we would have to wait until sometime in the spring to get the Rmax, BUT- he had a '21 Talon X-4 coming in a few days that was not spoken for so we decided that it might work out well for us. Sometimes we could take friends or grandkids with us if needed, so the 4-seater made sense actually.
Now in our all figuring and studying the two makes, we found out that, apples for apples, the Rmax would run about $1,200 to $1,700 more for the same model type compared to a Talon. Yes, the Rmax is hot right now being the new kid on the block, but it seems to be the consensus that the Rmax was aimed at the Polaris General crowd and not so much at the Talon crowd. I do like the engine-transmission combo on the Talon models, and Honda reliability and quality. After owning two Yamaha Rhinos and two Yamaha Wolverine side by sides, one Kawasaki Teryx and one Honda Pioneer 700 side by sides we have had experience with the belt drive machines. I never had to change belts on the Yamaha's but there is always that first chance and I never relished the idea of changing the belt out on the trail. I would rather ride then wrench on a machine! So I am looking forward to spring and warmer weather so we can get out and try out our Talon X-4. I know, we could ride this winter but we are getting to the age when we are becoming warm weather riders, especially after having snowmobiled for so many years. However, that being said, those tracks you can put on your side by side do look interesting . . . . .;)

· Registered
1 Posts
I currently own a 2020 Wolverine X4 and regretted pulling the trigger too soon after seeing the release of the Rmax. I'm having a hard time deciding my next purchase between the talon 4 or rmax 4. I just don't know how I feel about the length of the Talon

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Talon X-4 has a small 'cargo' area in the rear for a tool box or coolers, etc even when you are carrying 4 people. If you are carrying 4 people in the Rmax 1000-4 there is very little room for any coolers or other gear. But the Talon takes more room to turn around. Decisions, Decisions!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.