Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yeah if you look at the angle he is trying to enter the obstacle at It is wedging the front two tires And that would be a problem for any machine. Once he moves over to the left and climbs straight up the wall the tires aren't wedged anymore. That's not a Honda issue as much as the driver chose the worst line out of all the machines you saw go up that obstacle. If the entire machine would have been positioned more to the left it would have climbed right up it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starting at 1:45 in the video the front tires don't pull.
That has nothing to do with the driver.

This is from the driver's post in the comments below the video on you tube.
"Yes, I was in low range 4 whl. drive, not sure why it wouldn't move. It was like the clutch was slipping, but yet it would climb straight up the wall. "

·
Registered
146 Posts
I guess what I was noticing without actually being there was the angle he was entering it put his tires in the worst wedge position in that v, meaning the more power he gave it the more it wedged them in a non-movable way. That's why it doesn't make sense that he was able to move over and drive straight up the wall. The only way that makes sense is if the tires were wedged in that crevice essentially making them unable to move and the more power he gave it the more they wedged. At least that's what it looked like from the video.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The machine was working fine, if you watch, he walked it directly up the wall that was at a full 90 degrees, and that front left wheel pulled it up. He was in i4WD. But the angle he was trying (when the video started I was like, why is he there, and how did he get there...there was some video missing) was super wonky. You couldn't see the right front tire, but I agree it was getting wedged and stuck. Of the other cars you see going up that climb, none took that line. This was truly a driver issue, and a helper issue. BTW, YMMV, this is just one guys point of view (mine).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sometimes folks who don't have a clue what they are doing go out and buy a nice SXS and proceed to go out and try to imitate the other weekend warriors they watch on YouTube. As my grandma used to say- "just because you can does not mean you should"! But we all have to learn the ropes somehow, and perhaps this was just lesson time for him. Perhaps he is a seasoned rider, but a man still has to know his limitations!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts