Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been asked on the forums already, however, I hear a click in reverse sometimes. Is that something you guys experience? It still seems loud when it changes gears and it clicks before it does it. Wonder what is actually making that noise and has anyone had Honda confirm this. I plan on taking mine into the dealer when it hits 100 miles.

· Registered
133 Posts
The "click" before a shift in the forward gears is normal DCT "music."

Not sure about a click once you are actually in reverse, but always make sure you are at a complete stop before moving the shifter to reverse, and especially when moving it to low from high.

Enjoy your ride, I also have a '21 R-LV and it is great!

· Registered
192 Posts
The only other "click" besides the shift click, that I know of, is a possible axel clicking/popping. It is a known problem, on the R, but it hasn't been a break problem, just annoying. Some people have had their axels clicking/popping for thousands of miles with no problems. I split a boot on my factory rear axel and bought SATV Rhino 2.0 axels to replacd them so I had spares. They have started popping pretty bad in just a couple hundred miles. My factory axels had not started popping when I removed them. I think I am going to replace the boot and put the factory ones back in and keep the Rhino's for spares.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.