Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think it is a shifter cable problem. Mine does the same thing, and I asked the dealer to adjust the cable at first service. It's getting worse, so I assume the cable is stretching and needs to be adjusted again. It sure is an ugly sound when it pops out, so I DON'T mess around when I put it in L, I put it in hard, and give it a little backslap to make sure it's in. I just ran out to verify what I'm saying before I embarrass myself, and it looks like it can be adusted at the shifter or the tranny. I can't see it very well, so just check the manual.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
There are two nuts for the adjustment. There are several articles on that procedure. The nuts are at the shifter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda customer service and warranty is a joke ,my intakes were never attached so water and debris got in and now had to replace clutches and such ,hobda will not cover. Roughly $3200 and clutches are failing to initialize. 100 percent junk 2
$20000 yard ornament

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just dropped it off I will let you know what happens... we need to find all that this is happening too and take it to Honda
I just purchased a 2019 x with 75 miles on it. Now have 130 on machine and low range is grinding and slamming.. hoping honda will stand behind this.. almost new machine and love it..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I talked to Honda today and they say they haven't heard much about this. My dealer says they have repaired 5 but none under warranty. Honda said if they hear enough about the problem they will consider helping. Here is part of the email with the number:

Thank you for contacting American Honda Motor Co., Inc. We know how important your time is and will do our best to respond to you as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience.

You may also reach us by phone at 1-866-784-1870. Our business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm PST. We are closed on holidays.

We strongly encourage customers to visit Recalls - Honda to check their VIN for any potential recalls. If your vehicle is affected, please visit an authorized Honda Powersports dealer as soon as possible. All safety recall repairs are made FREE of charge.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts