Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the hunting land riding around for a while. No mud mostly dirt roads. as i was going down a trail the over heat light cam on and i cut it off. when i turned the key to on position there was a lot of clicking coming from the back end and would not start. After trying for several minutes, i gave it a break and waited maybe 10 min. they started right up and seemed fine. after about 20 min i had to turn around and as i put it gear it died multiple times. I got it running again and went home. after a few hours of setting it fired up and seemed to be good again. what's going on here? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Happened to me as well. Coming down a trail and when I got to the bottom it shut off with the overheated light on. It wasn't overheated according to the gage and it started right up and ran the rest of the day. I ride the Hatfield McCoy trails so have done the same sequence hundreds of times. I doubt it was a connection problem or it would have happened more than once. Big mystery!

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
184 Posts
I had a similar issue when mine was brand new (9 miles on it). Would run until it got hot, then just shut off. Turned out to be the sending unit on the oil pump, which would fail when it got hot and make the cpu think it had no oil pressure. Mine happened in the middle of COVID lockdown, so it took a full 4 months to sort it out!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was at the hunting land riding around for a while. No mud mostly dirt roads. as i was going down a trail the over heat light cam on and i cut it off. when i turned the key to on position there was a lot of clicking coming from the back end and would not start. After trying for several minutes, i gave it a break and waited maybe 10 min. they started right up and seemed fine. after about 20 min i had to turn around and as i put it gear it died multiple times. I got it running again and went home. after a few hours of setting it fired up and seemed to be good again. what's going on here? thanks for the help.
you know there was a fuel pump recall???sounds like your problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts