Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking guys with the FACTORY Honda glass windshield. How bad is heat and dust in cab with it? (assuming you have rear window). I have been running poly ones, and hard to clean Quickly without scratching (yes can clean well if stop and do it right, but hard to do with a group). I like the more visibility of the factory one over the vented ones that have all that frame, that is why asking about Factory one. I have Talon R

·
Registered
58 Posts
The heat isn't bad, the dust is. Although I done have a way to compare as this is the only setup we've had. I just installed a wiper and rinse kit last week. I like this setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Asking guys with the FACTORY Honda glass windshield. How bad is heat and dust in cab with it? (assuming you have rear window). I have been running poly ones, and hard to clean Quickly without scratching (yes can clean well if stop and do it right, but hard to do with a group). I like the more visibility of the factory one over the vented ones that have all that frame, that is why asking about Factory one. I have Talon R
Bought the following Honda accessories: glass windshield, wiper kit, fabric rear vinyl window, rear view mirrors. In my opinion, the glass is great vs what I have seen of other poly windshields. The wiper works great, good sized washer fluid tank, impressive cleaning ability even with light mud, holds up to trail overgrowth. ANY WINDSHIELD should strongly consider a back window from massive dust curling in from the rear AND a windshield defogger. Witnessed an accident that could have been much worse from standing water on field at wooded trailhead entrance instantly steamed the windshield and driver side-swiped a tree, fortunately only minor injuries. Windshield adding heat, yes, significant depending on what time of year and weather conditions. Thinking of finding way to pump hot air away from the engine compartment. By the way Honda rear view side mirrors gets a thumbs down, densely wooded trails keep knocking them out of adjustment by way of the break-away positioning, also the range of the rear view is extremely small. Need to see more of the sxs when backing and the surroundings, plus keep track of others while riding. Our 2019 Talon 1000x has been awesome during this pandemic with trail head in back yard! Many night rides! Enjoy safely!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Agreed. I have the siezmik side and rear view mirrors and like them. The x4 is so long that it should have a rear camera though for backing up in the woods.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to back up, i have been using this backup camera. i don't use the wireless part. i hard wire so instant on. i run full time while go down trrail too. both would be amazon searches, not links. MAy need s simple double male or female coupler (been a while since installed). I used same system on back of my enclosed trailer. Camera is waterproof, but I put freezer bag over screen when I wash

Camecho RC 12V 24V Car Backup Camera Rear View Wireless IR Night Vision Backup Camera Waterproof Kit + 7" TFT LCD Monitor Parking Assistance System for Truck/Van/Caravan/Trailers/Camper

Car RCA DC Audio Video AV Extension Cable for CCTV Security, Truck Bus Trailer Reverse Parking Camera (5 Meters/16 Feet) - 2 in 1 RCA Video & DC Power Cable

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had 6 SxSides and never used a windshield. Like the open air in the warm AZ weather . Have a flipup faceshield that acks as a wind breaker. Works for me.. T- BOB

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have run the Honda glass for the last 3 months without a rear window. It does let a lo of heat in on slow water crossings. Will be adding a rear window soon to see how that changes things. This windshield is a huge improvement over the poly one on m y last machine. I still clean it with a water bottle and squeegee but am debating on going with the factory wiper/washer. Overall the quality of the windshield is very good and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just realized the squirter nozzles on the wiper arm are individually adjustable. No more squirting 15 feet to the sides of the machine. Why did this take so long to figure out?

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts