Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the upgraded Honda frame skid plate. I can find installation instructions for every accessory but this. Has anyone else been able to find the install instructions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yo Brother, I have installed the beefed up skid plate on my machine. Searched to the end of the net for instructions, called the dealer and finally just had to winged it.
The old skid plate has to come off.
Look at the old skid plate, anywhere you removed a counter sunk bolt, that's where the spacers go. install the spacers first, then the skid plate.
I fumbled my way through the installation to the end and had a small bracket and a longer bolt that I still hadn't figured out where went however, I found the hole on the skid plate towards the front in the middle, from the top side, lay the bracket over the frame cross member located directly above skid plate "empty hole", the long bolt goes through the skid plate, through the cross member and screws into the bracket. Hope this helps. It sucks that they didn't provide instructions. Scotty B.

·
Registered
9 Posts
are the oem add on skids hard to install?
the factory UTV ones are pretty straight forward, requires light drilling, *(and they have detailed instructions, a video, and even pack the hardware in step based labeled baggies, W stickers :) )

check out DTR's new video on the talon skid install, i know its a different skid but it may help ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts