Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
77 Posts
The only caution I will share is, get in the habit of pressing your brakes when you start or shift into gear. I put the the hillbilly brake on for I don't know why, when I was parked pretty much level and forgot. We were climbing so I started out in low. It seem to be not performing well and then after a bit I smelled the brakes, my buddy behind radioed to,me he smelled something. I thought oh crap and sure enough I had driven with it engaged. The low gear really has some power to operate with the hillbilly brake on. Went to stop and bad brake fade. I had glazed the pads. Well $275 later new pads and a lesson learned...an expensive one?? oh yeah, those Honda pads are not cheap☹
Are there no aftermarket pads yet? The Honda pads don't stop worth a didly when a panic stop is necessary.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Between 5 Talon owners it seems the brake pads that came on the Talons new lasted much longer than the OEM replacements in some cases replacements gone in as little as a few weeks riding in mud and water. Not sure but I do not think the OEM replacements are the same. Any one else experience the same thing?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
77 Posts
Question, are you running 32" or larger? If so they don't stop as well as when you are running 28 or 30".
Yes, I’m running 32’s. I like the added ground clearance, but yes, it stops much harder.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts