Honda Talon Forum banner

Hill start and i-4wd not working

6K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Jefferson87 
#1 ·
Cross posting from honda sxs club, seems like their may be a few more here with more technical knowledge.

So from day 1 my hill start didn't work. I didn't really care since I just 2 foot it when needed.

After a certain thread some of you may know of, there was a consensus that my I4wd wasn't working properly either.

I figured it was probably a loose connection or bad sensor. Well it's been at the dealer for a week and they are supposedly having a hell of a time with it. I guess they have tons and tons of hours into it and can't figure it out. Today they replaced the switch itself and it's still not working.

This is killing me, I bought the thing right after Xmas. So not even a month. This is the 3rd time it's been at the dealer. Feels like half the time I've owned it, it's been at the dealer. I bought a honda to avoid this. All my buddies with their supposedly unreliable Polaris' are out riding.

#4 ·
Man I definitely wasn't missing anything when the i4wd wasn't working. What a poor system for a serious off road machine.

I tried doing some actually rock crawling today and there were times when it just wouldn't put power to the wheel that needed it. Just sit there and spin 3 tires.

A few times I slid off line before it would kick in, but it was too late.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.