Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was night riding in Eastern Sierra in heavy brush. My (crazy) nephew was driving his dad's X-4 way too fast, ~45 mph. A big buck deer jumped out of the brush and sailed across the hood of the Talon. If I had been ready, I could have reached out and grabbed his back legs. Thankfully, no evidence that we actually hit him, but it was way close! There were fires nearby and the place was absolutely lousy deer, I think escaping the smoke.

This experience brought home how important it is to have an intrusion bar. If we had hit him and he came in the front end, somebody could have been impaled by his rack!

·
Registered
2020 Talon X4 Live Valve
39 Posts
Although an intrusion bar will help. Save your money and build a cage with one. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Tell your crazy nephew to slow down when you are along for the ride!😎 I don't go that fast on most logging trails in the woods in good daylight and no smoke, just too many things can go wrong like the aforementioned deer or an elk in your lap when it's all over.

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A couple nights later, the nephew hit a coyote. There was blood and guts and poop all over. Not pretty at all. Again, I am not sure the fires didn't have the wildlife all spooked and way more active than usual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts