Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing the following - any thoughts? I got stuck in a mud hole then the next day when accelerating on a straight path it would all the sudden hesitate (pull back feeling like it was wanting to slow down) and then begin to accelerate again.

·
Registered
368 Posts
need more information such as

-doing it all the time
-what gear is it doing it in
-how stuck was the machine,
-did oil OT lite come on at all
-hesitate? like starving for fuel or rpm climbing but machine not responding
-how deep in this mud hole, any chance the vents got submerged

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-doing it all the time - yes
-what gear is it doing it in - not sure but I would guess 3 or 4 gear its when I am already going 20 mph
-how stuck was the machine, - very
-did oil OT lite come on at all - not sure
-hesitate? like starving for fuel or rpm climbing but machine not responding - starving for fuel almost like it just pulls back (downshift feeling) for a moment then continues to go
-how deep in this mud hole, any chance the vents got submerged - it is snorkeled and never reached it but when you indicate vents - can you elaborate?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sounds like you stressed the clutch a bit and it is shifting sloppy and feels like a momentary power loss.

You should start with the "Clutch Relearn Procedure" Just google it, there is plenty of info on it. Or take it to the dealer and have them do it. You should do the relearn periodically anyway so it won't hurt to start there.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Talon 1000R
27 Posts
Last time you changed air filter? When dirty buggy will not suck enough air and cuts power when giving throttle. I only had 300mile on my last one but knew immediately what it was, got off trailer, ride started fine, 5 miles in started drawing down, cleaned with rags enough to finish ride. Bought a k&n tired of $50 every 3-500 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.