Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my machine 2022 Honda Talon 4 not live valve, and I notice this grey wire/hose not connected to anything. Does anyone know if it should be connected to something? Thanks!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber Tread Gas

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like the breather hose to the Subtrans. Where does the other end connect if you follow it?
I'll have to take a look next time I'm with the machine (It's at the cabin) I was spending so much time trying to look where it would go, that I didn't think to look for where it came from. This is on the back on the drivers side. Do you see where the tube connects on yours?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I've done some more research and I found this pic, this shows the back of the tube, but not where it connects. I've highlighted the tube and drew a red circle around it. This view would be from sitting on the right side of the machine looking towards the back (none of the body work is on).

Electrical wiring Electrical supply Engineering Wire Auto part

· Registered
16 Posts
I'll have to take a look next time I'm with the machine (It's at the cabin) I was spending so much time trying to look where it would go, that I didn't think to look for where it came from. This is on the back on the drivers side. Do you see where the tube connects on yours?
I was cleaning my machine 2022 Honda Talon 4 not live valve, and I notice this grey wire/hose not connected to anything. Does anyone know if it should be connected to something? Thanks!
View attachment 4178
Here is what mine looks like it comes from the air filter box
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Crankset Automotive design

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
View attachment 4219
Thanks for the pic, it’s not that tube though. It comes out of the machine closer to the front. I went down to the Honda dealership and found the tube and it plugs into the tube frame in the back right in front of the battery box, no clue what it is though.

· Registered
2021 1000x 4 Live Valve
109 Posts
View attachment 4219
That is what I thought.
Did you know, that if you are squeezing that clamp with a pair of pliers, remove the plug from the end, then decide it may be a bad idea to hold the clamp that way, it WILL shoot from the pliers, rattle around like a pinball for about a minute, then disappear never to be found again?
I didn't either.....
I DO NOW

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is what I thought.
Did you know, that if you are squeezing that clamp with a pair of pliers, remove the plug from the end, then decide it may be a bad idea to hold the clamp that way, it WILL shoot from the pliers, rattle around like a pinball for about a minute, then disappear never to be found again?
I didn't either.....
I DO NOW
Hahah

1 - 19 of 19 Posts