Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I should have started here first! I did reply to a couple of posts already...my bad. Im.in southern Ontario...the mud pit capitol I think. LOL....
Heres a pic or 2 of my ride. The last pic was not a great day...but fun none the less! I drive it like I stole it....

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I guess I should have started here first! I did reply to a couple of posts already...my bad. Im.in southern Ontario...the mud pit capitol I think. LOL....
Heres a pic or 2 of my ride. The last pic was not a great day...but fun none the less! I drive it like I stole it.... View attachment 342 View attachment 343 View attachment 344
Ouch, hope no one was hurt. Welcome to the forum and do be careful. Any damage?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I was in it alone. I dont drive crazy if I have a passenger. The only thing hurt was my pride! LOL.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
No worries, they are fun and I must admit i push the limits as well. I am glad no damage to your ride as it looks super. Looks like a good place to ride as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Heres a pic or 2 of my ride. The last pic was not a great day...but fun none the less! I drive it like I stole it.... View attachment 342 View attachment 343 View attachment 344
Greetings from across the lake (north Ohio). How did the roll occur exactly if you don't mind me asking? Aside from driving like you stole it, that trail looks pretty straight from what I can see in the photo! Just curious since I've seen a post or two about low air pressure in tires. I too enjoy kicking in after burners and hitting mach speed occasionally. Still prefer changing my fluids with all 4 on the floor! I questioned a friend when he rolled his x3 if that was protocol for fluid change Lol. Good to know all is well and no injuries or damage resulted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greetings from across the lake (north Ohio). How did the roll occur exactly if you don't mind me asking? Aside from driving like you stole it, that trail looks pretty straight from what I can see in the photo! Just curious since I've seen a post or two about low air pressure in tires. I too enjoy kicking in after burners and hitting mach speed occasionally. Still prefer changing my fluids with all 4 on the floor! I questioned a friend when he rolled his x3 if that was protocol for fluid change Lol. Good to know all is well and no injuries or damage resulted.
LOL.....It could have been much worse! It was the first day with the big tires. That trail isnt straight....It has a slight jog from one side to the other....and when I zigged, I over zagged the other direction and caught a sapling with the right frt which pulled the wheel out of my hands and dragged me into a bigger tree about 6 inches in diameter that the Talon climbed! Was funny actually....and a learning lesson about these tires. They bite like crazy compared to the stock junk. When you turn, your going in that direction very qwikly. I WAS driving it like I stole it....is there any other way? Hahaha. Cheers bud!

·
Registered
24 Posts
LOL.....It could have been much worse! It was the first day with the big tires. That trail isnt straight....It has a slight jog from one side to the other....and when I zigged, I over zagged the other direction and caught a sapling with the right frt which pulled the wheel out of my hands and dragged me into a bigger tree about 6 inches in diameter that the Talon climbed! Was funny actually....and a learning lesson about these tires. They bite like crazy compared to the stock junk. When you turn, your going in that direction very qwikly. I WAS driving it like I stole it....is there any other way? Hahaha. Cheers bud!
That's one way to perch them talons on top of a tree! ??? Now that I took a second look I see them lugs are quite obvious! What brand/size are you running? Stock tires work great for slipping and sliding... not so much for zig zagging tho.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's one way to perch them talons on top of a tree! ??? Now that I took a second look I see them lugs are quite obvious! What brand/size are you running? Stock tires work great for slipping and sliding... not so much for zig zagging tho.
These are STI Outback max. 30" x 14". On STI rims that I had bought for my 2018 RZR turbo. When I traded in the machine I kept the tires. Bought 1" spacer/adaptors for the front and had a machine shop build me 2 inch spacer/adaptors for the rear. It tracks perfect and goes thru any mud. But the big lugs (2" deep), can really grab when cornering hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts