Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
What have people done to mitigate the heat in the Passenger compartment?
I remember someone posted somewhere that they used a shifter boot up-side down beneath the shifter knob to cut the heat entering the cab?
Does anyone remember anything pertaining to this?
also thought about insulating the radiator lines below the center console.
Anyway just curious as to what people are doing as summer approaches.
I bought the dust shield on the firewall and reversed it to seal off the area behind the glove box : fitted perfectly then I taped up all edges otherwise radiator heat and dust penetrates the interior

·
Registered
27 Posts
I made mine out of 4" aluminum irrigation pipe.
I cut a piece out of the pipe 3 1/2" wide by 12" long, then cut both ends back 1 1/2" leaving a 1" wide tab centered for the mounting. I drilled a 1/4" in the end of each. I then used 1/8" x 1" x 1 1/2" long flat bar with a 1/4" in the end and welded this to the roll bar. I bent the leading edge out flat 1" in and left the rear facing with the pipe radius. Mounted it with a 1/4- 20 x 1/2" bolt and used a nylock nut to be able to adjust tension for adjustment.
Works great and I can adjust it on the fly to any setting I like for as little or more air and where I want it to go... DRK
20190728_081944.jpg 20190728_081958.jpg

·
Registered
216 Posts
I bought the dust shield on the firewall and reversed it to seal off the area behind the glove box : fitted perfectly then I taped up all edges otherwise radiator heat and dust penetrates the interior
How did you get in there? Remove the skid plate?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
43 Posts
I cut a piece out of the pipe 3 1/2" wide by 12" long, then cut both ends back 1 1/2" leaving a 1" wide tab centered for the mounting. I drilled a 1/4" in the end of each. I then used 1/8" x 1" x 1 1/2" long flat bar with a 1/4" in the end and welded this to the roll bar. I bent the leading edge out flat 1" in and left the rear facing with the pipe radius. Mounted it with a 1/4- 20 x 1/2" bolt and used a nylock nut to be able to adjust tension for adjustment.
Works great and I can adjust it on the fly to any setting I like for as little or more air and where I want it to go... DRK
View attachment 816 View attachment 817
Nice job. Very professional looking.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
View attachment 816 View attachment 817
Looks great! I think a new business?

·
Registered
216 Posts
So I thought about taking lower doors off, but realized what a hassle. So I remembered a friend had a device that propped open his doors on his RZR. So I bought them, they make them for Talons and Pioneers. Just tested it out. They give you a nice breeze. I tested windshield closed up to 65 mph, never got overwhelming. I have the SuperATV flip up three position windshield and work best partial or closed, with the windshield all the way open added to the flow but not as noticeable.

Easy to install, you can still use you door handle to open if you have to get out fast.

I'm still going to insulate like the previous posts, but this is huge and maybe it's good enough for what you need.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That is so cool!
My wife and I were talking about making something to hold the doors open and someone has already done it! We often on smooth sections hold the doors open for instant “cool down”
thanks
overton

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is one I want to follow for ideas also. The radiator blows a lot of hot air back in to the passenger compartment also. When the fan kicks on, one can certainly feel the difference. I'd love to be able to somehow boot the shifter (I've said this from day one when I received my Talon) to not only help with heat, but to help keep dust out of the cab, as well !!
Looking at getting a flip up windshield like yours . Does it help on the heat issue with the window up.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looking at getting a flip up windshield like yours . Does it help on the heat issue with the window up.
Yes it helps a lot. Both in the bent mode and full open. Still a lot of heat though. If going faster, it nice to shit the windshield due to wind noise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes it helps a lot. Both in the bent mode and full open. Still a lot of heat though. If going faster, it nice to shit the windshield due to wind noise.
Is the flip up windshield making wind noise?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Is the flip up windshield making wind noise?
Whe you flip it up and start going fast 45+ it really directs a lot of air in at you. The air flow up and over the car gets redirected by the flipped up window in on you. So if I'm going over that I might close it to the vent position or full shut depending, so I can hear my music better in my helmet 😂🎶

21 - 32 of 32 Posts